INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live TV not as smooth as it should be  (Read 1332 times)

doctoroo

Live TV not as smooth as it should be
« on: February 06, 2015, 07:30:18 am »

Hi everyone,
I've been trialling MC20 for a couple of weeks now, with a view to purchasing soon. The audio & video library areas are fantastic, and the TV setup is a lot better than when I tried it a year or so ago.

However, it's the TV setup I'm having the most trouble with now. Whenever I watch live TV I get a noticeable stuttering of the video stream (the audio is OK). I get this on SD and HD channels. If I record something and play it back, the playback is fine. I'm also able to play back anything from my video library perfectly (recorded TV, DVDs & Bluray. I initially had a problem with bitstreaming, but this was fixed with an EDID file for my receiver/TV). I've got a feeling it's the Colossus card that might be having issues, but I'm not sure where to look?

Secondly, the channel list that is downloaded at the TV Setup stage contains quite a lot of errors. A lot of the channel numbers are wrong, and I spent a couple of hours last night correcting them in the Manage Channels area. Is there an easier way to do this, as I'm guessing the channel data being downloaded is provided by a third party and can't be changed?

For info, my system specs are: Windows 7 Pro sp1, AMD FX-4100 processor, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD system drive & 1TB SATAII recording drive, Hauppauge Colossus capture card connected to Sky Digital (UK) via HDMI-Component converter, ATI Radeon HD5450, Onkyo R358 Receiver & Samsung UE46C7000 TV.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Live TV not as smooth as it should be
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 10:53:18 am »

Are you using Red October HQ or Standard?  If you are using HQ, would switching to standard help?

On TV options window is "Crop edges to remove visual noise..." checkbox checked?  If it is, try unchecking it.

Regarding programming guide data, yes it is out of our control.  You could try using the XMLTV option to download data from another source.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

doctoroo

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 08:02:24 am »

Hi Yaobing,

Sorry for delay in replying - been away for a few days.

I'm already running Red October Standard. I did check whether running HQ would make the problem worse, but it doesn't seem to. The 'Crop Edges...' box is already unticked too.

Thanks,

Rich

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 08:37:31 am »

We have quit a few users using the Colossus and they have no problems with it.

It might be your ATI Radeon setup, may be something as simple as refresh rate.  Does your screen refresh rate match the frame rate of TV standard in your location?  One thing that live TV differs from playing video files is that it does not do automatic screen resolution / frame rate adjustment.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up