INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New user: Some bugs/problems  (Read 1462 times)

SavantGarde

• Recent member
New user: Some bugs/problems
« on: February 07, 2015, 09:03:08 am »

I've been running a trial of MC 20.0.64 for Mac for a couple of days. Here's some observations I've made concerning the software's functionality:

• The Comments header in the MC library shows the contents of the Discogs Release Notes field (imported using the tagging software Yate) instead of that of the Comments field in cases where the Release Notes field is non-empty. This makes it impossible to read the comments of the affected tracks from within MC. Editing the comments field from within MC and then exporting the metadata to the audio files in question results in the problem reappearing upon re-import of said audio files. (iTunes has no problems with these tracks/albums, neither has Audirvana Plus).
  • ZoneSwitch: The "Stop playback in these zones (use to avoid simultaneous playback)" feature doesn't in fact stop simultaneous playback at all. The corresponding problem seems to be present with the Windows version too: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94896.0
  • The Copy feature in the Add Zone dialogue box has no effect (i.e. I'm left with the default settings even if I use Copy).
  • It's impossible to remove previously added VST-plugins from DSP Studio. Selecting "Uninstall" from the "Manage Plug-ins …" pop-up has no effect.
  • Choosing to automatically start the Media Server upon system startup starts MC as well, not just the Media Server as chosen.
  • Some characters, such as "œ" and "æ", that are normally available from my keyboard can't be typed in MC for Mac. Thus some albums whose titles contain these characters are hard to find using the search feature.

System Info from MC

Library
    Total files: 44204
    Audio files: 42900
    Image files: 0
    Video files: 0
    Other files: 1304
Processing
    Thumbnails built: 100% (44204 of 44204)
    Audio analyzed: 100% (42900 of 42900)
Background Tools Running
    No tools currently running
Power
    Mode change (disable screensaver, keep monitor on) [expires in 1 minute]
Media Center
    Version:
    Install path: /Applications/Media Center 20.app/Contents/MacOS/
    Interface plug-ins:
    JRMark: never run
    Memory used:
    Handles used:
Advanced System Info
    Memory & CPU
        CPU features: MMX, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1
    Operating System
        Mac OS X 10.10

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New user: Some bugs/problems
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 02:48:18 pm »

The Comments header in the MC library shows the contents of the Discogs Release Notes field (imported using the tagging software Yate) instead of that of the Comments field in cases where the Release Notes field is non-empty. This makes it impossible to read the comments of the affected tracks from within MC. Editing the comments field from within MC and then exporting the metadata to the audio files in question results in the problem reappearing upon re-import of said audio files. (iTunes has no problems with these tracks/albums, neither has Audirvana Plus).[/li][/list]

I could be wrong, but pretty sure there is no 'Release Notes' tag in the ID3 spec (http://id3.org/id3v2-00).  Sounds like Yate is doing something non-standard there.  It might help to look at the tag data directly with some tag editing software (other than Yate) to see what is going on.

SavantGarde

• Recent member
Re: New user: Some bugs/problems
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 10:50:41 am »

I could be wrong, but pretty sure there is no 'Release Notes' tag in the ID3 spec (http://id3.org/id3v2-00).  Sounds like Yate is doing something non-standard there.  It might help to look at the tag data directly with some tag editing software (other than Yate) to see what is going on.
Yeah, I tried to get rid of the "Discogs Release Notes" tag using Yate, but it doesn't seem to be possible. I'll try with some other software and see if I can delete it.

If I examine the Comment tag with Yate or iTunes, however, I only see my own comment, not the Discogs one, so it seems like MC looks at more than just the Comment tag when it decides what to display in the Comment field.

Here's an example of an intruding Discogs comment: "{Discogs Release Notes^eng}Mastered at The Townhouse. Published by Warp."
Pages: [1]   Go Up