INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center locks up randomly in playlists....  (Read 955 times)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Media Center locks up randomly in playlists....
« on: February 11, 2015, 02:18:20 pm »

Have tried changing playing from memory settings thinking there may be a problem there, but to no avail.

With a couple of seconds to go from the transition from the end of one song to another I get the dreaded "blue circle of lock-up".  Just started a few updates ago.

Windows 7

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center locks up randomly in playlists....
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 05:53:30 pm »

Please read and follow the instructions:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Guide

In particular, if you want help, we'll need the detail requested in the Report the Issue section.  But, the vast majority of hanging issues are related to system problems, and not to MC itself, and the most common causes are described in detail in the guide.

If you can't solve it that way, it'll get looked at once we have the detail needed.  If you're convinced this was due to a change in MC in the "last few builds" then you can roll back to older builds and figure out which specific one "triggered" the problem.  If you can reliably "fix" the problem by going to an older build, and then "re-break" it by updating again to a newer build, then that's the biggest smoking gun of them all.

If you can't, then it suggests that something external to MC changed causing the issue.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

EJR

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 01:37:16 am »

hi, thanks for your reply glynor
This morning it happened again this time however when i started a song through jremote it just never started as in i never heard any sound.
When i walked to the computer it showed like it hung somewhere in the middle of the song. as usual stopping and starting fixed the problem.

I turned logging on yesterday so i will ad the log taken after it just happened.

I will try updating jriver

not sure what there is to see about the device driver it seems to function atm i might have to wait if it happens again. i will however check for driver updates. (its an external spdif convertor Audiophlileo1)

if non of those things work i will check what turing off memory play will do

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 07:47:05 am »

... (its an external spdif convertor Audiophlileo1)
Please try a test without that.  Use analog out if you need to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up