INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Control Remote MC Players?  (Read 1297 times)

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
How to Control Remote MC Players?
« on: February 08, 2015, 10:37:03 am »

I am sure I am missing something obvious but could not find the right search terms to see if this question has been answered.

If I have one primary MC server, with PC's in multiple locations connected to that library/server, how can I control the remote player from a different machine/laptop?

For instance, my bedroom player/workstation is hooked up to the bedroom surround system, and plays from the min server/library. Although I can certainly control the player from that player/workstation, when I am in the bedroom I am working from my laptop.

If I open MC from my laptop, is there any way I can control the player on the bedroom system, which is NOT the server/library, but is itself connected to the server/library?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Without a doubt, MC is still the BEST high-end media player out there. Thanks everyone :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to Control Remote MC Players?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 11:08:04 am »

I'm not sure exactly what you want, but this explains how to use one PC to control playback on another.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tremote

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 01:05:33 pm »

Thanks for the reply/link, I known about that wiki page. Does not solve my particular issue though.

It's not the server connected to the library I want to control. Its a client that is playing music locally from the server, that I would like to control from a different client - assuming that's even possible.

Cheers :)

dmarkovi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 03:26:04 pm »

I've been using my android tablet to control different clients through gizmo. It works really well and I plan on picking up some cheap 7" $40 tabs to place around the house. Alternatively you can use your phone.

I.e. my HTPC connects to the server for all the content and I control what plays on the HTPC using Gizmo.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 05:42:25 pm »

Thanks for the reply/link, I known about that wiki page. Does not solve my particular issue though.

It's not the server connected to the library I want to control. Its a client that is playing music locally from the server, that I would like to control from a different client - assuming that's even possible.

Cheers :)

You can do client to client control by enabling the DLNA renderer option (under media network) on all of the clients you would like to control, and enabling the DLNA controller option on all of the clients you would like to use for control points.
Pages: [1]   Go Up