INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing over there problem  (Read 1232 times)

mschneid

• World Citizen
Playing over there problem
« on: February 08, 2015, 12:33:13 pm »

I have a problem getting the playing over Server zones to appear on my JRiver client PC.

The Media Center Server PC can serve all of its content to my client.    The client auto syncs as well... no problems.

I have checked show playback zones from the server on the client.    All I get are the Clients two default playback zones 1 and 2.  No  Server zones.

Since I want to run the server headless right now... this annoyance is now a problem.

Update...
Now... when I use another PC on the network to do this... It works properly....      I am using Norton as my virus protection on laptop at issue but Microsoft security essentials on the other client  PC,,,

Norton is running virus protection on the server..
Everything seemed in order in comparison to the client which doesn't work properly.

Well, being impatient, I downloaded MC20... (of course you have to match versions....)    

and of course I get my  Playing zones over there...   No problem!.

So... How do I fix MC18 on my client?
Thoughts??
should I download a copy of MC18 and reload the client??   If yes... do I need to delete the MC version on the client.... (the local library on the client is meaningless to me.)

Thanks
Mark

Thanks.
So... overwriting MC18 did not reset Media center.
Uninstalled MC18  everything  (did not matter to me on this laptop)
Reinstalled.. MC18....   rescanned local library... loaded MC network library.... Playing there   now visible.

Problem solved.

Good news... my MC18 license info is  maintained..

Life is good again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up