INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Interface+JRiver Problem  (Read 2291 times)

bdix25

Audio Interface+JRiver Problem
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:33:51 am »

I posted this under the mac section a few days ago but no one wanted to reply so I figured I'd give it shot here, might be more appropriate under this forum instead.

I installed a new audio interface (motu hybrid mk3), drivers up to date and everything, and playback is great w/ jriv except for when I'm trying to switch between differing sample rates of 44.1 up to 192khz... Every time I want to play a file (flac) w/ increased sample rates jriver acts as though it's going to play it but it just sits there, like an endless buffer or something, and I have to restart the program or the computer in general.  Once I restart and reopen jriv and first play a high rez file it will play immediately but will not play a lower rez song aftwards.  Most annoying of all is, it's a standard 44.1 file that just played instantly prior to restarting to play the 92 or 192khz file... arrrg, restart again and then the 44.1 file plays w/out a hitch but the higher sample rate files again do nothing.... what is going on here??? ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio Interface+JRiver Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 10:50:38 am »

It's probably a driver problem.  Your best choice may be to resample everything to the same output, by using MC's Output Settings in DSP Studio.

You could try the audio option to play leading silence.

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 03:58:50 pm »

I had same issues with a Motu828mk3hybrid.

I tried a lot, new driver, FW update etc.
I communicated with Motu support. Finally I could not resolve it to make it work, its about one year ago. The Motu does not react on the ASIO codes sent over USB to change the sample rate.
I sold it for that reason, however the Motu otherwise is great.

I purchased an RME UFX and it works flawlessly...rate up and rate down for eache file it does switch as supposed to.
...okay the price is  abit higher lets say around double...:) smile

ashutoshp

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 10:40:21 am »

you're lucky Motu even replied. just a thought but did you guys try the free Asio4all driver?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 10:46:38 am »

ASIO4All is a wrapper for Kernel Streaming.  There is no advantage to using it.

bdix25

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 01:12:22 pm »

I've tried the suggestions but to no avail... problem still keeps occurring...

I can play flac files w/ sample rates from 44.1 to 88.khz just fine, but the moment I play a file w/ 96khz or 192khz it says "buffering" for a second or two then pretends to play but just sits there w/out the track time moving or anything staying at 0:00...

All I have to do is restart jriver and play the higher sampled song first and it will play immediately w/out a buffer or anything, but the moment I switch back to a lower sample rated song the same weirdness begins again with what had played flawlessly before the restart...

It's just a minor inconvenience/annoyance and strange that such a simple thing can't be corrected it seems.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 02:49:31 pm »

Did you try resampling everything to something that does play reliably?
Pages: [1]   Go Up