INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can YADB handle multiple Album titles?  (Read 1502 times)

bvm

• World Citizen
Can YADB handle multiple Album titles?
« on: October 08, 2003, 09:41:52 am »

I'm ripping my classical collection, whose hit rate in YADB is not great (maybe 75%), so I have to enter a lot myself.  And this is a genre where "album title" doesn't always make a lot of sense.  So in my organization, any large, multi-track work is its own "album" in MC9.  For example, if I have a CD containing "Pictures at an Exhibition" and Prokofiev's "Classical Symphony", I enter the tracks of the CD using two distinct album names, and each work's movements are the "song names".

In the traditional CDDB style (and also in the useless popup dialog that MC9 raises when it can't find a CD (I never use it--it's easier to enter it the way I edit any other CD information)), you can only enter a single album title, so we classical enthusiasts end up doing contorted things like inventing an album title listing the major works, and each "song name" has to have to the name of the composition (or some piece thereof) in it.  This is pretty dreadful, and I end up having to do a moderate amount of editing on some entries coming back from the database.

Anyway, my question is, can YADB handle this, since it was built for MC?  Specifically, if I enter my CD info in the logical way I prefer, and then tell MC to "Submit to CD database", will anyone else be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Can YADB handle multiple Album titles?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 09:54:47 am »

No and Yes.

No, the CD information you enter should be in the old contorted format.

Yes, using individual track lookup instead of CD lookup.

Thanks,

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up