INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Queation about new config - "no Media Center receiver connected" message  (Read 2283 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

i was looking over the new TV configuration and noticed a new item "Tuner profiles". I have one ATSC device listed (although I have three digital tuners). I clicked on the configure button and went through a couple of steps but then a message popped up saying "You don't appear to have a Media Center receiver connected to your computer ..." so I had to cancel.

What is this message referring to? What is this Media Center receiver?  If it is referring to an IR receiver, then the message is correct. I don't have one of those on the server computer.

Everything seems to be working. The tuner "status" shows all the devices at idle. And I am watching/recording TV.
Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Queation about new config - "no Media Center receiver connected" message
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:48:14 pm »

If you are not setting up Set-top box channels, you probably could just ignore this message (unless you can not click Next button).

It refers to IR emitter/receiver device for remote control.  I still need to figure out where I should have skipped detecting the device.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 05:10:19 am »

Thanks for the explanation. My system uses internal Tuners so this message is not relevant for me.

However, it does prevent me from going to the next screen in the setup (can not click the Next button).

But since my Tuners are already set up, I'm not sure if this would have been an issue if I was setting up a new system. I was just poking around to see what the new setup configuration looks like.

I suppose that is no one else reported a problem with this step, it is not an issue.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 08:25:28 am »

Thanks for the explanation. My system uses internal Tuners so this message is not relevant for me.

However, it does prevent me from going to the next screen in the setup (can not click the Next button).

But since my Tuners are already set up, I'm not sure if this would have been an issue if I was setting up a new system. I was just poking around to see what the new setup configuration looks like.

I suppose that is no one else reported a problem with this step, it is not an issue.

Can you tell me which step you got stuck in?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 05:16:23 pm »

My mistake. It did not get stuck. I was able to click on the "Ok" button and go to the next step after the message came up.

The message comes up at the screen where you select "Service Type and Guide Data source". After I click okay to the message about not having a Media Center Receiver, I can go the next step which is to "Scan for channels". So it is working as it should.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 06:36:44 pm »

This should be fixed for the next build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up