INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto rip doesn't work on Mac MC20  (Read 2065 times)

bollada

Auto rip doesn't work on Mac MC20
« on: February 13, 2015, 07:47:03 am »

Just updated to the latest 20.0.67 to fully confirm, but since moving to Mac, 4 weeks ago, I have not been able to get the AutoRip function to work. In fact MC does not seem to recognise the CD drive fully, often showing an empty contents: e.g. during a Rip, if I click "details" the CD table of contents disappears to be replaced with the message "No files were found on disc" while the rip continues to a successful conclusion.
Maybe some issue with Mac/MC recognition of CD players?
Cheers - great great product - keep it up.

freddiejohn

• Recent member
Re: Auto rip doesn't work on Mac MC20
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:59:19 am »

I have had the same experience using an IMac with built in SuperDrive and with an external UBS drive. MC20 works about 25% of the time when inserting a cd to rip. When it doesn't work I do see a TOC listed which then disappears. Also ITunes is activated when I try to rip from inside MC.

Hans Dampf

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 01:10:05 am »

I don't rip CDs with Media Center but propably it has something to do with the settings of handling music CDs when inserted. You can tell the Mac to open iTunes as soon as the computer recognizes an inserted CD. Propably it will help, if you disable this in the system settings?

Good luck!

Hans Dampf

mslonski

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 12:22:54 am »

I just purchased Media Center 20 Master and have a new Mac Book Pro. Having the same problem in that the Rip Disc function shows as not available. I can’t find any forum responses or technical help on this subject. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 06:59:36 am »

Make sure you have the latest version.

bollada

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:25:33 am »

Yes - this is latest version, as stated in my post.  I also have tried the OSX System Preferences options for what to do on insert, I have tried MC20, iTunes and "Ignore", but it makes no difference. Is this the right forum to report such issues, that I would consider to be a software bug/glitch?

freddiejohn

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 10:00:43 pm »

I have upgraded to 20.0.74.  Also have, in Mac Preferences indicated that Media Center be opened with insertion of an audio CD (not Itunes).  Media Center still does not recognize that a disc is available and will not rip. 
Thanks,
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up