INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pono firmware 1.0.5 problem  (Read 12591 times)

MikeEvangelist

• Recent member
Pono firmware 1.0.5 problem
« on: February 13, 2015, 09:07:07 am »

Firmware updated to the just-released version 1.0.5, now player stuck on 'scanning music library' (after multiple restarts).

If I remove the SD card, the player will scan properly, but no-go with SD card inserted. (Ironic, since scanning SD cards is one of the major items supposedly fixed by this update.)

MikeEvangelist

• Recent member
Re: Pono firmware 1.0.5 problem
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 09:09:42 am »

Guess I'll have to try erasing the card and re-syncing. Which really sucks, since it takes about 5 hours for it to sync the 128GB card.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 09:40:13 am »

Please report that to Pono.

MikeEvangelist

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 09:49:46 am »

Please report that to Pono.

I have, thanks.

MikeEvangelist

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 01:21:49 pm »

A further development. The player was stuck on 'scanning music library', but out of frustration I decided to just leave it alone. THREE HOURS LATER, it finished! Unbelievable.

MikeEvangelist

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 04:44:46 pm »

FYI, to close the loop on this (sort of): Pono has responded to my ticket and acknowledged that this is a bug. They are investigating.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 06:37:59 pm »

Thanks for letting us know.

shieber

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 12:57:37 pm »

Thanks for letting us know.

M sympathies. The sml issue was supposedly fixed in 1.05 -- it's listed in the release notes. But we know that it is not. If you shut down the pono player (pp) and restart with the card still in it that has run through sml, then sml will probably run for the normal length of times a few seconds to a few minutes. But if inserting a diff card, that's a whole new ballgame. 1.05 is supposed to stop if it runs into a problem file entry and tell you the entry so you can remove it. But long runs do not always do this.  My first sml after 1.05 was 45 minutes-- (on a nearly full 128gb card) . The second was over an hour, but it did come to an end. This seriously detracts form the practicality of swapping cards.

petegas

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 10:17:40 pm »

Glad I came across this thread as after updating to 1.0.5 I've been stuck on the 'scanning music library' for a good 30 mins, was ready to cry over my bricked Pono - I guess I'll wait.  Where is the best place to report this to Pono team?

MikeEvangelist

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 05:55:21 am »

Where is the best place to report this to Pono team?

Go to the Pono site (ponomusic.force.com) and log in. Then choose help & support from the menu widget in the upper-right corner. Then scroll down past all the tutorial videos and you'll see the 'Submit a Support Ticket' option.

more10

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 06:00:43 am »

I have the same problem and I have reported it to Pono two months ago, referencing this thread.

My report march 30:
Same problem as described here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95549.0

I got a replacement SD-card from you. The problem is with both SD-cards.

The problem started after I copied music files to the internal memory of the Pono player using Windows explorer copy.

Their reply march 30:
Hi Martin,

Thank you for contacting Pono Support and thank you for your interest in our Pono products.

When you log in make sure you are using your whole email address, this is your user name. Also look to see if all of your information is the same as your billing information and just put in numbers when you put in your phone number. No ( ) or - - please.

Try using a different browser ie: Chrome or Fire Fox.
Clear all your history and cashe or cookies on your internet.
Go into your firewall settings and make sure "PonoMusic World 20" is allowed to communicate through the firewall.
Try uninstalling and empty out your trash. Then re-install the Pono app using Google Chrome or Fire Fox.

Thank you for your patience we do apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any more questions please feel free to contact us at 1-800-611-0580 or at support@ponomusic.com and we will be more than happy to assist.

My response to their reply also on march 30:
Get someone with some technical skill on this issue.

Then two days ago I got this:
Hi Marten,

Thank you for your patience. I've come across your issue and would like to offer some assistance. I apologize for the delay!

If you have an issue scanning the music library, please allow the scanning process to complete. It can take some time to update the directory on your PonoPlayer. Some customer's have experienced times of up to an hour for the scanning process to finish. It appears that the user in the forum you pointed out experienced a 3 hour scan.

Once it has an opportunity to finish, it will only take a few seconds to scan moving forward. If you update the firmware, it will wipe the players cache and will have to start with a new scanning of the card that may take more time than usual. The player can hold a cache in its memory for up to 3 memory cards.

Please let the scanning process and let us know if you are still running into trouble.

Kind regards,

This is my response:

"Some customer's have experienced times of up to an hour for the scanning process to finish. It appears that the user in the forum you pointed out experienced a 3 hour scan."

This is obviously a bug in the pono player. Reading ALL data on the device should take about 2 hours.

Reading 4000 directory entries (typical number of songs on a 64 GB drive), 500 bytes per entry should take 0.2 seconds.

Reading all album art should take about 40 seconds.

I am really very dissapointed with the Pono support.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 06:39:00 am »

1.06 is the current firmware.  Make sure you have installed the most recent build of PonoMusic World.  It's at the top of this board.  It should update your firmware.
Pages: [1]   Go Up