INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server and Playlists  (Read 2038 times)

BigAl

• Recent member
  • ...You wanna what???
Media Server and Playlists
« on: September 29, 2003, 05:08:40 am »

Dumb question but I'm getting a lot of heat from the missus.  See, she's just travelled from Melbourne, Oz to London and back in a weekend to see her idol Howard Jones in concert.  You know, 80's keyboard guru, "what is love", "no one is to blame", great muso - yep that's him. Anyway, she's brought back a bunch of photos and CDs and got stuck into creating some playlists.  I have an MC client in the study connecting via Media Server to the main rig downstairs.  I have a high quality (APE) library which i periodically clone to an MP3 library for use around the house (APE + wireless = stutter).  So, she's in the study creating playlists (connected via Media Server to the MP3 lib), runs through them a few times and is happy.  Exits MC, restarts the next day - no play lists.  Some very brief testing (last stable 9.1 release - interstate, can't be specific) - playlists save on exit no problem when connected to a "local" library.  When connecting to a remote server, playlists get lost in the Matrix.  What gives?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Server and Playlists
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 06:18:46 am »

Media Server is read only.  So playlists made on the client machine aren't saved.  We may add this in the future.

BigAl

• Recent member
  • ...You wanna what???
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 02:49:17 pm »

Thanks Jim.  I suggest MC shouldn't allow you to create anything then when connected to Media Server or at least warn you that any changes will be lost.  -Al.

johnp

• World Citizen
  • let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 05:35:11 pm »

Media Server is read only.  So playlists made on the client machine aren't saved.  We may add this in the future.

Does this include ripping CDs to the library?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 07:26:58 am »

Hi John,

CDs will be ripped to the local machine, unless you use a mapped network drive as the destination (but then you'll still have to import them on the server machine).

This topic was discussed at great length yesterday, so maybe you'll see an improvement somewhere down the road...

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up