INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.270 beta available  (Read 3631 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.270 beta available
« on: October 07, 2003, 02:06:05 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.  

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:    
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe  

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:      
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91270.exe  

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Changed: Images with no EXIF date now use the file's date created for the "Date" field.
2. Fixed: File move leave / overwrite dialog wasn't staying on top of MC.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 9.1.270 beta available
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 02:11:56 pm »

The reason for the low number of changes is that we're trying to get a very clean build out.  Here's why:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1065565197;start=0#0

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 02:20:38 pm »

I have localized the problem with the 3D Visualization to the "Spectrum Analyzer" visualization.  The frame rate with that one is about half the frame rate of other visualizations, all the drawing bugs are accentuated and the program is prone to crash.

8thNote

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 04:12:56 pm »

After ripping an audio CD, it takes me to the recently imported selection. Can this be changed to not change my view?

Also after ripping, I click on "Media Library," and I used to see all my media, but now only the ripped album appears in the list. I had to restart MC to see my media in the library. In fact, any sub-selection under "Media Library" will show only the ripped CD. I press F5 and still nothing happens.

I tried several CDs, restarted my computer, and still had the same problem. This sounds pretty severe to me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2003, 04:27:33 pm »

I have localized the problem with the 3D Visualization to the "Spectrum Analyzer" visualization.  The frame rate with that one is about half the frame rate of other visualizations, all the drawing bugs are accentuated and the program is prone to crash.

Could you start a thread on this?  Just describe it well and ask if others see it.

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2003, 09:35:12 pm »

When in the "My Computer" part of the tree, a search term doesn't change the files shown in a particular directory. This only happens when you type it in - if you go backwards to the previous location via the arrows and then come forwards again - then the search term takes effect.

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 03:58:34 am »

When connected to a media server, if you right click on an album in the tree view and choose "Play", it doesn't start playing at track one.

This may happen on a local DB as well, but I am currently connected to my media server at home from the office.

Marko

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 04:31:48 am »

When connected to a media server, if you right click on an album in the tree view and choose "Play", it doesn't start playing at track one.

This may happen on a local DB as well, but I am currently connected to my media server at home from the office.

You haven't got "shuffle" on have you?
I think it's on by default, and the tell-tale tick on the player options menu has gone, so the only to tell now is by hovering over the middle icon on the player bar where "continuous|shuffle|dsp studio" are. Took me several minutes to work this out, and this could be the second post that I've read today about it. Perhaps shuffle should be off by default? I dunno. seems to me when it's off, I'm always digging away to "send to > play > replace (shuffled)", and when it's on, it keeps catching me out ::)
I decided off was best for me!

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 04:35:38 am »

You haven't got "shuffle" on have you?
I think it's on by default, and the tell-tale tick on the player options menu has gone, so the only to tell now is by hovering over the middle icon on the player bar where "continuous|shuffle|dsp studio" are. Took me several minutes to work this out, and this could be the second post that I've read today about it. Perhaps shuffle should be off by default? I dunno. seems to me when it's off, I'm always digging away to "send to > play > replace (shuffled)", and when it's on, it keeps catching me out ::)
I decided off was best for me!

I just discovered that it was on. It really should be off by default. What confused me was that if I clicked on the first track, it appeared to step through the album in order.

8thNote

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 05:03:12 am »

I also still have the problem with jumping through a playing DVD that the scroll bar "tick" jumps backwards to where it really isn't playing and doesn't truly indicate it's current playback location.

In full screen mode, why does the volume bar have to be so long. Come on! That thing is almost half the screen! Can't that be made an absolute smaller size?

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2003, 05:23:03 am »

Hello folks,

Congrats on the release of MC9.1 :)

One pbm I have noticed with build 270 :

-"Library / Fill properties from filename.." seems to be broken.
It always return a popup stating : "Please correct or remove these invalid keywords: [[IGNORE]" regardless of the keywords specified.

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

LisaRCT

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2003, 06:56:15 am »

When the "dreaded 'Saving Tag Changes' " dialog appears, MC takes too much focus/priority/processor percentage from the system, sometimes . . .
-freezing other software
-causing screen freeze
-causing partial redraws of MC and other software
-causing hidden windows that shoud be on top
-etc

Obviously the high focus priority allows for faster saves/updates, but for large saves this goes too far in tying up my PC for too long.

Yes, my 2GB processor is not the fastest on the block anymore, and my 160GB library is large, but I often would prefer to have some of these operations occur more in the background at the cost of more time.

Other than using Task Manager to reset the priority of MC, is there any way to adjust this?
I also find that this priority issue can also be a problem when analyzing files, converting files, etc (I usually use dbPowerAMPmusic converter simply because it has adjustable priority and is easily readjusted for background or speed).
Pages: [1]   Go Up