INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems after going over to Mac  (Read 857 times)

minpete515

Problems after going over to Mac
« on: February 16, 2015, 06:03:01 am »

Hi there - I went for it on Saturday and treated myself to a 2014 Mac Mini (the basic one) to replace a Fujitsu laptop for using with MC. Been running MC on the PC very successfully to be fair, but always preferred the Apple experience. (No more-pop ups about Norton - hurrah!!) Until now Windows was a more accessible way into the whole home hub/media experience for me. I hardwire the Mac via HDMI to a Panasonic Viera for Video and likewise I have the server going through a DAC hooked into my amp/hi-fi for audio - the only streaming I do is to my IOS phone or tablet using the JRemote app. Anyway - I can now no longer stream videos (MPEG) to said devices and the video on the TV is unwatchable - flickering on a regular cycle as if copy protected. My FLAC audio works perfectly still both direct and streamed (I reckon it sounds even better than before but that's probably just me justifying buying the Mac!) It is currently the trial version of MC for MAC I'm using, but I'm thinking this shouldn't matter?? Any ideas??
Pages: [1]   Go Up