INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music File Import issue from NAS  (Read 1025 times)

ManAtWork

• Recent member
Music File Import issue from NAS
« on: February 17, 2015, 03:39:54 am »

I found that I was confused and this issue wasn't covered in any support document.

I have a huge music library stored in a Synology NAS in my home network. However, I would like to import some of the albums to my MacBook Air so I can enjoy when in office or travel. I found that when I used the Import feature in MC20, it only built the associated links with the files with the NAS, but not copy to my MacBook Air physically. This makes I cannot access these files during offline. Did I miss any thing when import the files? Most of the files I intended to import are in FLAC format.

I am confused because I believe it needs two options at least: one is to build a playlist to the MC20 library so the network files can be access when online; another is to build a library with importing all chosen files physically.

Thanks advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Michael

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Music File Import issue from NAS
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 07:59:39 am »

Not on a Mac, but you should have a bunch of choices as I imagine it works in the same way

So what I would do ....

I'm assuming you have your  Mac Air set up as a client with access to the NAS files (or as the media server).

From your laptop, create a new "travel" library (or clone one) from the existing library. You can import your settings if you rebuild it from a library restore and then simply "erase" JUST from the new library the tracks at first. If you do import the settings, make sure you change the options if necessary and reconfigure autoimport.

From the main library, make a playlist. Then select all the tracks and use the COPY functions located under Library Tools, Rename, Move etc. (or use the F6 key) to physically copy the albums you want on the laptop. If you want to do this manually, you can use the Rename tool just to repoint the database to the proper path on the laptop.

You can do this without a playlist of course, and just select albums on the fly. The Rename, Move tool is pretty powerful and you can make a preset so that you can easily reload the info into the dialogue box.

Pages: [1]   Go Up