INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archos Handheld: Cant Synchronize in 9.1.256?  (Read 2819 times)

waltercr

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Archos Handheld: Cant Synchronize in 9.1.256?
« on: October 02, 2003, 08:38:21 pm »

I have an archos and in version 9 I was able to use synchronize with playlists and have it sync with my archos handheld. However, in the beta version the only way I can get stuff to my handheld and "synchronize" a playlist is to delete everything off it and re-put everything on it. Is this a bug (I hope so)?

waltercr

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Archos Handheld: Cant Synchronize in 9.1.256?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 07:07:46 am »

-BUMP-
Am I really the only one that has this problem? Or is it I am the only one using a Archos. Is any other handheld having this problem?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 08:23:49 am »

waltercr,

Sorry for no reply Friday, I was out of town.  

However, in the beta version the only way I can get stuff to my handheld and "synchronize" a playlist is to delete everything off it and re-put everything on it.

This should not be the case. How are you synchronizing your playlists? Are you using the one click sync in the task bar or right-clicking on the Archos drive letter and selecting 'Synchronize'? Why are you deleting everything?

Steve

waltercr

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 03:36:44 pm »

1) If I right click the archos I get no synchronize option. How do I get this option?

2)When you say "one click sync" in the taskbar, where should I be seeing this in my screen? I do not see synchronization stuff anywhere.

3) When I copy a playlist to my archos (right click on the playlist, and hit send to handheld, the playlist does not go to the directory also.  There is no option here to synchronize

waltercr

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 08:20:18 pm »

So, I installed the latest Beta version, and poof, all the sync things are back again!!

However, now I have a new issue. When I sync a playlist in creates a playlists dir on the archos and puts all the mp3 files in there. However, no playlists files will be created. Furthermore, if I have a mp3 file in 2 playlists it will be copied to the archos twice..

What I would have thought would happen would be the following.

1) Copy all files from playlist 1 to the archos
2) Copy all different files from playlist 2 to the archos
3) Put a playlists file for playlist 1 in the root dir
4) Put a playlists file for playlist 2 in the root dir

Thanks again for all your help.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2003, 06:08:35 am »

waltercr,

However, no playlists files will be created.

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by this.

Furthermore, if I have a mp3 file in 2 playlists it will be copied to the archos twice..

Playlists in MC are virtual organizations of files in MC.  Archos does not have a similar orginazational scheme. The nearest approximation is to create a physical folder that will contain a collection of files. This gives a degree of orginization to the Archos, but it is not perfect. A good solution for you might be to get your PC files in an organizied folder system and then right-click on the Archos drive letter and use the 'Rearrange Upload Folders' option with the 'Use Filename Path' option. This will create a parallel folder structure on your Archos for easier navigation.

Steve

cdemay

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2003, 02:49:08 pm »

I'm building an interface plugin that will do what you mean waltercr.

It's reading both the MediaLibrary and the archos directory, detects the changes, replace files, and create the playings listes as m3u files, stored in directories on your archos.

With M3u files, you can read your music on your archos by genre, albums or any other grouping thing.

It's quite finished, i'm just looking for a way to delete files from media library and can't find it in the mjAutomation Interface.

If someone knows ?

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 06:08:36 am »

cdemay,

There should be a function called DeleteFile listed if you get the latest mediajukebox.tlb.  You should be able to call this function on a file to delete it.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up