INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refreshing media information  (Read 1472 times)

Hans Dampf

Refreshing media information
« on: February 18, 2015, 01:05:21 am »

Sorry if this question/topic was asked and answered before, but I couldn't find it:

I yesterday changed the picture of an audio cd that I had ripped and imported into Media Center (actual version) a couple of weeks before. I did this outside Media Center with a tag editor app. Now the old picture is shown within Media Center's main window and the newly scanned image only is shown in the little "Display" window in the left column. Hitting the "Refresh" button doesn't change the situation. How can I update the database? Is this something that always happens when ID tags will be changed outside Media Center?

Thanks!
Hans Dampf

SavantGarde

• Recent member
Re: Refreshing media information
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 09:50:42 am »

Right-click the thumbnail image of the album in MC. In the contextual menu that pops ups, click on [Library Tools]–>[Update Library (from tags)].

Hans Dampf

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 12:51:49 pm »

Thanks for trying to help.

I think there is nothing one can do to really update the cover tag information. I guess that MC stores a copy of them within one of ther folder in the Application Support section and keeps them safe, so no one can steel them :-)

Anyway. It's not a native Mac programme, and I guess we can't expect an intuitive interface usage (which is ok). So, thinking about the ways, how the programme works helps:

Delete the cover art picture within MC ("Remove Cover Art")
Add the new cover picture either from within MC (which immediatelly brings up the new pic) or with an external tag editor. Then you also need to "Update Library (from tags)"

Hans Dampf

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 01:44:17 pm »

Same happens with tags that were changed outside MC. You then need to quit and restart MC for to see the changes.  :(

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 02:26:09 pm »

Same happens with tags that were changed outside MC. You then need to quit and restart MC for to see the changes.  :(

If you enable "run auto-import in the background" and check the box for "update from external changes" it will do these updates automatically at intervals.  It won't be instant, but will pick them up within five or ten minutes.  You can also run auto-import manually to pick them up immediately. 

Hans Dampf

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 11:52:14 am »

Thanks mwillems!

I must have overlooked that option then. No need for an immediate library update for me.

Hans Dampf

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 07:36:48 am »

If you enable "run auto-import in the background" and check the box for "update from external changes" it will do these updates automatically at intervals.  It won't be instant, but will pick them up within five or ten minutes... 

Doesn't work with cover art  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up