INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is this a feature?  (Read 1530 times)

Mads_H

• Recent member
is this a feature?
« on: October 08, 2003, 12:06:54 am »

I've been looking for a way to change my filenames, since yadb not allways does the greatest of jobs. And hoped to find a feature like when you delete a file, where you are asked whether it should be deleted from library or harddisk aswell - could this be done for renaming and moving too "do you want these changes on harddisk aswell?"
In the same line of thought: Is it possible to have a quick preview of yadb data when several names are suggested

Marko

Re: is this a feature?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 01:34:22 am »

I'm pretty sure that atm, you have to do this in two stages.
1. Set your tags
2. go to "Library Tools > rename files from properties"

The options in rename files are pretty easy to suss out and it's actually a great tool. It will remember any custom filename or directory masks you use too.

[aside] it's not an issue just yet, but I think it's a matter of time before we get a request for some control over the presets lists as they become bloated with no longer needed masks. For now, regedit will do.[/aside]

The YADB thing would be nice, and has been requested before.
Guess that means the quick answer to both your questions is "no", these are not currently features.

jleerigby

Re: is this a feature?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 04:50:28 am »

After reading your post a few times I think I see what you mean.  A nice feature for the next release would be to have a setting that says:

- This is my file naming rule for all files in my library (perhaps one for music and one for images etc)
- I want MC to automatically rename the files whenever I change these properties.

Nice idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up