INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't sync with ipod nano  (Read 2196 times)

wibblefish

• Recent member
Can't sync with ipod nano
« on: February 18, 2015, 01:51:44 pm »

Greetings

ipod nano running version 1.0.2 firmware.

My son's ipod nano used to sync fine with MC (possibly version 19) but when I tried it again this week it no longer syncs from MC20.
It "appears" to sync fine and all the files are there under ipod_control\music\FXX but the ipod simply doesn't recognise the presence of the files, besides showing the disk space being used under "other" in settings.

I have tried re-initialising the ipod in itunes and also initialising the device in MC20 but all to no avail. It seems that MC is writing the files to the ipod in a manner that the built in apple software simply does not recognise.

Is this a known issue and/or can anyone offer advice on how to debug the reason why this is not working.
FWIW, I also have an ipod 160GB classic that syncs like a dream (as this moment in time, I am not sure what version of the firmware it is running).

My son and I both much prefer to use MC instead of Itunes, not least because many of the albums in my collection which he wants to listen to are in flac format which itunes does not like.

many tx in advance for any help with this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up