INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash when analyzing data  (Read 2260 times)

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
Crash when analyzing data
« on: February 16, 2015, 07:11:50 am »

Version 20.0.70 is crashing in_dsd.dll when analyzing my library during a library import. Ideas?
1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. LG 65UM7470PSA - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NCore MP mch - Monitor Audio Platinum PL100+PLC150 - SVS SB-3000
3. RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP
4. TempoTec Sonata E44 - Audeze LCDi3
5. Meizu HiFi DAC - Moondrop Blessing2 Dusk

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Crash when analyzing data
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:43:10 am »

Can you isolate what DSD file causes the crash, and then provide a copy to matt at jriver dot com?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:29:18 am »

Very strange. I did not try to analyze now, just to show the Dynamic Range 128 column in the Artist default view. Click one CD, shows the info. Click another, show too. Keep scrolling and they all show DR 128 column until one point when in_dsd.dll freezes. Aha, so I mark which CD it was, close JRiver, open again. Click artist view, show DR 128 column, click the CD.... and it works ok. Keep scrolling until it hangs in another place!

Tried selecting all albums in Artist view, click tools - analyze audio. Hangs somewhere. Decrease simultaneous threads from 4 to 1 (using an i5 2500k here), hangs too. Enter advanced options, input plugins, DSD, change from auto to 1 thread too. Hangs. Instead of running it manually, checked the option during library import. Hangs.

:-\
1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. LG 65UM7470PSA - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NCore MP mch - Monitor Audio Platinum PL100+PLC150 - SVS SB-3000

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 10:34:28 am »

Very strange. I did not try to analyze now, just to show the Dynamic Range 128 column in the Artist default view. Click one CD, shows the info. Click another, show too. Keep scrolling and they all show DR 128 column until one point when in_dsd.dll freezes. Aha, so I mark which CD it was, close JRiver, open again. Click artist view, show DR 128 column, click the CD.... and it works ok. Keep scrolling until it hangs in another place!

Tried selecting all albums in Artist view, click tools - analyze audio. Hangs somewhere. Decrease simultaneous threads from 4 to 1 (using an i5 2500k here), hangs too. Enter advanced options, input plugins, DSD, change from auto to 1 thread too. Hangs. Instead of running it manually, checked the option during library import. Hangs.

:-\

So can you send me one of the files it hangs on?  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:43:21 am »

Problem is that it hangs in different places.
But now I figured it maybe scanning in the background with that analyze audio option turned on. Maybe that was the reason it was hanging when I was browsing without analyzing myself.

Turned off analyze while importing. Now running it accross the library manually, let's see if it hangs and where.
When I find out which one is causing it I will send you the file.

Ekstrom

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 02:52:14 pm »

Hi Matt

I see the same behavior: several crashes in in_dsd.dll and version 20.0.0.70 (and 62 + 63).

I've posted my logs and description here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95617.0

Beside random unprovoked crashes, I'm able to provoke the crash if I'm analyzing a specific sacd.iso file.
I'm currently uploading it and will send you a link when it is ready (approx 4.5GB).

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 06:31:22 am »

Matt, I found one particular SACD ISO that hangs every time I try to analyze it, but it is over a gig and I can't email it to you to test.
I reboot, do nothing else other than open MC, select that album only, hit Analyze and hangs. Always in_dsd.dll, and after finished analyzing and is saving tag.

If it helps, I have DSD input set up as Permissive, 1 Thread, without +6dB increase.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 06:43:56 am »

I had the same problem.  It would crash when I imported a directory.  On further examination, it was on a specific video file which was "bad" as it would not play properly.  Once deleted, the import worked fine.

Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 06:49:08 am »

If you find a file like that, please save it.  We'd like to see it.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 06:50:19 am »

I fixed a DSD related crash for an upcoming version. Please provide crash reports if you encounter any other crashes.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 06:50:38 am »

Matt, I found one particular SACD ISO that hangs every time I try to analyze it, but it is over a gig and I can't email it to you to test.
I reboot, do nothing else other than open MC, select that album only, hit Analyze and hangs. Always in_dsd.dll, and after finished analyzing and is saving tag.

If it helps, I have DSD input set up as Permissive, 1 Thread, without +6dB increase.
Can you upload it to Dropbox or similar?  Thanks.

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 07:34:48 am »

Jim, I sent Matt an email. Hope it helps you finding what is wrong.

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 11:53:05 am »

73 skips the error track, and if you analyze many files at once, after a given number of errors is reached it stops analyzing with a "clean" error message.

Not sure if this is the best intended behavior. Sure, doesn't crash anymore, it is a lot better. Still I don't know what files caused it and what is the error so that I can try to fix it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up