INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basic Newbie Questions / Suggestions  (Read 973 times)

mikester500

Basic Newbie Questions / Suggestions
« on: December 23, 2014, 12:26:16 pm »

Hello

Love the product! I do have some minor suggestions (or maybe just some settings are eluding me?)

All of these items refer to the Android app, my preferred method of interaction. I use it to front end the Windows version.

- I would like the option for search results to come back in a 'list view', rather than always w/ visual displays, as sometimes there are quite a few results. Maybe a little icon in the upper right to toggle these?
-Adding track times to the alt view (the track list view) in the 'now playing' screen would be great
-In the album view, having the option to display the artist as well would be nice. Perhaps as a cue function, as in pressing on the album image for >1 second, per android custom. This sometimes drives me nuts to be honest, as I don't readily associate the album name with an artist, and the longer ones are cut off
-being able to maintain tags and even titles through the android app would be terrific, although this is obviously quite a bit of extra coding

Thanks! Keep up the good work.

tlang

Re: Basic Newbie Questions / Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 04:18:08 pm »

I would like to make a suggestion as well for future releases. 

For playlists, I would like to see an option to have modifiers " and / or" .  For example:

First filter:  All music files with the word PIANO in the track name
Option: OR
Second filter: All music files with the word PIANO in the Album name

At the moment that is not possible.  Of course, I can make it work by making two playlists, and then combining them.  But that takes a bit more time.  Having modifiers " and / or " between the playlist rules would be quicker.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Basic Newbie Questions / Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 04:31:35 pm »

I would like to make a suggestion as well for future releases. 

For playlists, I would like to see an option to have modifiers " and / or" .  For example:

First filter:  All music files with the word PIANO in the track name
Option: OR
Second filter: All music files with the word PIANO in the Album name

At the moment that is not possible.  Of course, I can make it work by making two playlists, and then combining them.  But that takes a bit more time.  Having modifiers " and / or " between the playlist rules would be quicker.

It is possible. http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Search_Language

In the smartlist, try clicking to the left and right of the columns to select and, or, and/or, or/and.
Pages: [1]   Go Up