INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Girder issues with newer MC 9.1 builds  (Read 2689 times)

nameless

Girder issues with newer MC 9.1 builds
« on: October 04, 2003, 07:00:38 am »

I have been using Girder for months with MC 9.0 and 9.1, and it has been working fine almost all that time.  Only recently, with MC 9.1.265 and above, has it started behaving erratically.

What happens is simply that my Girder-defined hotkeys don't work reliably anymore--none of them.  If I have MC as the foreground window, they work fine.  But if I minimize MC, they won't always work (then again, sometimes they do).

My Girder configuration has not changed.  I don't have conflicting hotkeys defined.  As far as I can tell, only MC has changed.  Is anyone else having this problem?

I just reverted to MC 9.1.259, and Girder is working 100% with that build.  I assume that this is not a "bug", but rather simply due to changes that have been made in the newer builds of MC 9.1.  Do I just need a new GML file or something?

nameless

Re: Girder issues with newer MC 9.1 builds
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 08:07:04 am »

Well, I've updated to MC 9.1.267, and also updated to Girder 3.29b, and threw in the latest versions of the serial.dll and winluaex.dll plugins for good measure, and everything seems to be working fine again.  If it doesn't stay that way, I'll be sure to come back and whine some more.   :P

Agonostis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 11:33:26 am »

Nameless,

I too spend lots of time fussing with my Girder/MC configuration in search of the ultimate control solution.

Would you be interested in sharing yours?  Is there a thread somewhere that already discusses it?  I'd love some new ideas.

Thanks,
Robert

nameless

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2003, 04:18:31 pm »

Sure, I'll reply as in-depth as I can when I have a bit more time.  What I can say is that it took me some effort to get it all working, and I'm not sure if I could do it all again if I had to.   :-/

nameless

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 01:52:11 pm »

On second thought, I think you're better off searching for threads here and within the Girder forums (http://www.girder.nl/).  Most of my suffering had to do with getting Girder to work with my remote.  I used a GML file someone else created, but I can't remember (or find) where it came from...

Agonostis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 11:08:28 pm »

I have a Girder configuration that works great.  I even consider myself pretty good at "Girder-ing" tasks (though I am still learning about Lua).

I use a USB-UIRT and a Sony learning remote (RMVL1000).

I was mainly looking for new ideas and challenges with Girder/MC9.  I am considering switching to a JP1 remote and possibly adding NetRemote.

I still feel that I am a little held back by not having access to all the different "play" modes via remote - can only do one "play now," and would like to be able to do all of them.  

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression about what I wanted.  I cut my teeth on girder a while ago, and now just wanted to have a discussion of its potential and limitations, especially with the latest 9.1 betas, which is what your thread was originally about.

nameless

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2003, 08:01:54 pm »

I was mainly looking for new ideas and challenges with Girder/MC9.

Hah--well, then I am emphatically not the guy you want!  I got my remote working with Girder and MC, but I haven't even been using it.  About all I do with Girder is use hotkeys to play/pause, minimize/restore, and stop.  If those all work, I'm happy.   :P  Sorry.   :-/

Agonostis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 12:00:02 am »

Gotcha.

For me, the ultimate goal is using the remote only to navigate my (~15,000 song) library and select/play music.

A slightly less important goal is to have any semi-intelligent adult who picks up the remote be able to do the same, without my having to explain anything.

Panes were the best thing to happen for this fantasy, and when we get keyboard hotkeys for all the different "add to playing now" options, I think it will be realizable.

Until then, I play songs one at a time, every 5-10 minutes, 3 seconds before the last song ends; or, I queue up a playlist in a bizarre inverted order by using "add as next to play."

One final plea for those play modes!  Or at least an explanation of why they don't exist?
Pages: [1]   Go Up