INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: push video, keep audio? DLNA question  (Read 945 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
push video, keep audio? DLNA question
« on: February 21, 2015, 10:42:47 pm »

finally set up my first client PC after years of MC, everything is working great thanks to some tips etc. from the regulars here

now that i finally have a laptop (i.e. portable) client though, i'm wondering if / how:

can i push video to a DLNA device, but keep audio?  i'd like to be able to push video to the TV but keep audio on the client laptop so i can use headphones

is this possible?  i've played with a few zone settings to no avail

thanks!

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: push video, keep audio? DLNA question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 02:20:36 pm »

Hmmmm, one possibility is to set up one zone for your DLNA device, another zone for your headphones (you probably have both these zones set up already), and then link the two zones together. Right-click on one of those zones, choose "Link -->", and then choose the other zone from the list on the right. That way, you will be sending the same content to both zones at the same time.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 03:21:15 pm »

If you try to push a video mime type to an audio only device, then it will (rightly) reject the push as an invalid mime type. So zoning or whatever, will not solve your problem. The only way to do it would require MC to demultiplex the audio from the video and push just the audio (as pcm or other plain audio mime type). Currently MC does not support such demultiplexing though..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 03:32:02 pm »

Are we to assume that you cannot run a wired connection to the TV from the laptop?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 09:53:24 pm »

Thanks guys, figured as much AndrewFG

I could wire it but it'll take a 15' hdmi and some hassle.  It's no big deal I'm just trying to figure out what I can / can't do with the new PC, I think I have some zone ideas that may be a workaround
Pages: [1]   Go Up