INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about volume leveling in this version  (Read 1027 times)

ksvane

• World Citizen
Question about volume leveling in this version
« on: February 22, 2015, 08:14:38 am »

Hello. I am currently using version 19 and was wondering if someone can tell me if version 20 has the option to normalize tracks without taking intentional volume difference between tracks within an album into account? Thanks.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Question about volume leveling in this version
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 10:20:18 am »

Hello. I am currently using version 19 and was wondering if someone can tell me if version 20 has the option to normalize tracks without taking intentional volume difference between tracks within an album into account? Thanks.

It does it automatically for albums, but still does track leveling for mixed playlists.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question about volume leveling in this version
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 11:34:51 am »

No, there is no way to tag tracks/albums so that they always use track-based leveling.
As a workaround, you can change the media sub type to podcast, though that doesn't work for me since my music views specifically exclude podcasts.

Especially now that we have the check field type available, it would be nice to have a "force track-based leveling" field.

Edit: I wonder if it might be useful to support 0/1/2 for this field, if manually edited:

0 - Volume Leveling behaves as normal
1 - Track always uses track-based leveling
2 - Track bypasses volume leveling

I have a handful of test tracks which are supposed to be played back at a specific level and it would be useful to just tag them in a specific way and forget about having to disable Volume Leveling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up