INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Played - Never Played ?!  (Read 2242 times)

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
Last Played - Never Played ?!
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:44:46 pm »

I am absolutely certain I have heard songs it is marking as 'never played' at least dozens of times each.  After playing it I see it fills in a date for last played and gives it 1 play but somehow a week later I am listening to the same song again as 'never played'.  Is this something that doesn't actually get saved to disk and is only valid until the next restart?  Doesn't seem possible since some songs show valid values for number of plays and last played date.  Does iTunes reset these fields periodically?  I don't get it.

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:00:38 pm »

Probably missing rights to save the file tags?

Arindelle

Re: Last Played - Never Played ?!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:31:51 am »

are you playing from a client? or directly form the pc that your main library is installed? If so either the autosync is off or it didn't get sent before the client was shut down.  Not sure if you are playing directly from the server PC though.

As mentioned you can save to disk either Number of plays and last played via the check box under Options=>Library and Folders=>managing library fields. This is really only useful however for a total backup from the media or forced reimport; this information is also stored in the library files themselves.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 03:30:53 pm »

Playing from a Macbook Pro straight up, nothing fancy.  My library of music is on an external USB drive in the original folders where iTunes put them. I have write permission to the folder the songs are in.  Some songs are greater then never, but that could be from last time iTunes played them.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:09:20 am »

any solid ideas?  i selected those options and it still does the same thing.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 01:47:22 pm »

Playing from a Macbook Pro straight up, nothing fancy.  My library of music is on an external USB drive in the original folders where iTunes put them. I have write permission to the folder the songs are in.  Some songs are greater then never, but that could be from last time iTunes played them.

I don't have a Mac but whenever I hear My library of music is ... in the original folders where iTunes put them. , can't help to think that that would mean they are all over the place. Make sure your autoimport configuration paths include the places where I tunes put 'em. Might be a good time to re-organize the hard drive and then run auto-import manually or better use the rename tool. Backup your data base files (library files) first just in case! 

You can force the number of plays if you want .. but number of plays and things will not be ported over manually from itunes. SUggestion: once you get this sorted, either get rid of itunes completely from the mac or disable any autosync options in its options --- don't let itunes mess with your files ... don't let it "consolidate" files or handle the image files if you want to keep it on your machine.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 02:13:59 pm »

In iTunes I have the 'Keep iTunes Media Folder organized' option checked meaning it has already moved all my tracks into that folder.  In MC20 when I ran auto-import on day 1 I set the folder to scan to be the iTunes Media folder and it found all the files fine.  It shows the correct path to all my music for every track.  It knows where the files live.  They are mostly all AAC files as delivered by iTunes match at one point in time.  iTunes is never launched normally for me so I doubt it is resetting this field.  Perhaps MC20 has a bug writing or updating these AAC files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up