INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT -- Life is good -- cell phone remote control  (Read 1666 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
OT -- Life is good -- cell phone remote control
« on: November 03, 2003, 02:40:52 pm »

Over on the ipodlounge, I found a post from someone who was using his Bluetooth enabled cell phone to control Media Center.  Here's the program he uses:

http://www.meer-net.com/Software/BTcontrolmain/swindex.html

And best of all, you can use his software to drive a remote controlled car:

NoCodeUK

Re:OT -- Life is good -- cell phone remote control
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 03:07:07 pm »

Thanks Jim... one of my mac using friends was going on about being able to do this with his power book and iTunes the other day and I didn't know it could be done with the PC too.  No more from him now!! Apparently though iTunes interacts with the software on the mac and sends info back to the phone via blutooth like next track playing etc...any chance this could be in v10?? Or maybe this could be an extension of Rhinos excellent Playing Now Plugin...

Thanks again,

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

bdjohns1

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cheese Whiz
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 03:33:04 pm »

Over on the ipodlounge, I found a post from someone who was using his Bluetooth enabled cell phone to control Media Center.  Here's the program he uses:

http://www.meer-net.com/Software/BTcontrolmain/swindex.html

That was me, actually. :)  I've only got a real basic setup in place right now - it just creates a menu populated with various mjextman.exe commands (basic navigation, mute, plus ratings).  

The program I'm using pretty much only works with Ericsson/SonyEricsson cellphones with Bluetooth, to the best of my knowledge.  You can also use to to move the mouse or send commands to other applications.  The author ships it with menus for running WMP and PowerPoint.

If I have some spare time, I might see if the menus can be updated to show current song, etc.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 09:29:37 am »

bdjohns1: very cool.

j

udeups

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 01:39:52 pm »

bdjohns and Jim. It would be great if we could start sharing our configuration files to get a feel for how others are using this program? I've been using one of the other bluetooth automation programs for controlling my pc with my t68i. But, this program looks like it has a lot more features and flexibility.

Anyway, I'm *just* getting started with configuring the mjextman commands (something I'm admittedly not too versed in, yet). It would be great to get some ideas for the easiest way to have the interface set up on the phone for controlling MC.

bdjohns1

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cheese Whiz
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 06:14:38 pm »

bdjohns and Jim. It would be great if we could start sharing our configuration files to get a feel for how others are using this program? I've been using one of the other bluetooth automation programs for controlling my pc with my t68i. But, this program looks like it has a lot more features and flexibility.

Anyway, I'm *just* getting started with configuring the mjextman commands (something I'm admittedly not too versed in, yet). It would be great to get some ideas for the easiest way to have the interface set up on the phone for controlling MC.

Here are my config files:

http://www.ben-johnson.org/blog/index.php?p=68

--Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up