INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.269 beta available  (Read 3003 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.269 beta available
« on: October 07, 2003, 08:58:32 am »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.      

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:        
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:          
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91269.exe      

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:  
1. Fixed: VBR MP3s with no Xing header that started with silence could show the wrong length. (use Update Library From Tags to correct)
2. Fixed: MP3s could randomly fail to play in some rare cases.
3. Fixed: Filenames with % would not play via Media Server.
4. Fixed: By default, Media Center was importing from program files directory.
5. Fixed: Multi-session data cd burning was broken.
6. NEW: At end of CD burn, a dialog is displayed with three options (quit, quit & save queue, burn another disk).
7. Fixed: Search string could get "stuck" in some cases.
8. Fixed: Closing the Action Window while it was in windowed mode would first switch to "Tag Info" page.
9. Fixed: Clicking in the dead area of the Tag Info screen would select the last item.
10. Fixed: Changing a stock field's "Save In Tag" value wouldn't stick between sessions.
11. Change: Improved handing of ASX files.
12. Fixed: TV could revert to NTSC from PAL with some drivers.
13. Fixed: Closing the Action Window while it was windowed could crash on some systems.
14. Fixed: Clicking onto and off of a Tag Info field that had a list of acceptable values (rating, intensity, etc.) could clear the value.
15. Fixed: Audio analysis during CD ripping produced inaccurate results when computer locale was other than "English".
16. Fixed: Starting playback from Windowed display mode wouldn't show the display / visualizations properly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CautionESPN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 9.1.269 beta available
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 10:35:30 am »

Enhancement request (way too late for 9.1):

Could you please figure a way to update playcounts from media server?  I almost never use media center on my primary machine.  I stream from my tivo and use my ipod and stream from work on my laptop.

As a result none of my playcounts were ever updated until recently when iPod support was added (thanks SteveG).

Why can't media server update tag information when it completes playing a track?

I would really like to make greater use of the smartlists with the playcounts but as of right now the best I can do is the ratings and frankly the thought of rating nearly 10,000 tracks gives me the screaming heebie jeebies.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 10:40:09 am »

I think this was reported before this build.  I am now getting a restart after install and on the restart, getting the error msg that "mjshellext.dll" failed to copy.

Here's the info on the one that is still there:
mjshellext.dll
date:  4/3/2003

Media Center Registered 9.1.269 -- H:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 73 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     DVD RW DRU-510A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 11:03:04 am »

Request or Restore Old MC Behaviour:
1. The Portable devices upload support is not as nice as it was a few weeks ago in the statistics it shows.  No longer does it show how many bytes you have Remaining (available) for upload...you have to do the math yourself when queing files to be uploaded...would be much nicer if MC went back to telling you how many more MB you have available.  I mean, MC tells you you have nnn MB free and nnn MB queed to Upload, but it should do like it did before and tell you how many nnn MB you have available still for uploading (not make the user figure it out).  Older MC versions used to do this (I believe) as I used it all the time when uploading my CF cards.

LisaRCT

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2003, 11:19:34 am »

7. Fixed: Search string could get "stuck" in some cases.

Confirmed

NEW:  When making tag or filename changes, database save is not performed until you leave the files and click elsewhere . . . .
SO, when you change alot of tags at once, then go back to right click for another operation the database save begins . . .
BUT - It Is Leaving the right-click menu ON TOP even if another application is brought up in front of MC, the right-click menu remains on top.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2003, 11:49:23 am »

Enhancement request (way too late for 9.1):
Could you please figure a way to update playcounts from media server?
I second that request .. same reasons .. I rarely play files directly form the machine that manages my library !  I either use TiVo or remote PCs.

LisaRCT

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2003, 12:06:50 pm »

OPEN: - "Confirm File Replace" dialog will not stay on top (in focus) when making changes to large batches of files

Marko

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2003, 12:09:18 pm »

Streaming Media: I am building a radio playlist here. Once I have successfully connected to a stream source, I import it to the library and add it to this playlist, along with logos ripped from the respective websites for "coverart". For testing I used these adresses: webradio.m3u

If a stream is playing, and I double click another entry on the list to change stations, MC gets very upset. Problems range from crashing to doing nothing to filling the buffer, playing it, then pausing while the buffer refills etc. etc. Playback of one streaming source must be stopped before starting another.

The bottom entries in this list are being detected as .wma streams, categorised as audio, and when playing, viz'ns work just fine. The .ram links on the other hand are being categorised as video, hence no viz'ns. I have updated the library giving these sources "audio" status, but still no viz'ns.

With ASIO enabled, all these sources play just fine, except for the last one, which after buffering has finished, immediately causes MC to crash leaving the buffer hammering over and over. Only a reboot will clear this state.
========================================

Media Center Registered 9.1.269 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1610 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive P:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Q: TDK      DVDRW0404N         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Listening to: 'BBC Radio 3' from 'Radio' by 'BBC' on Media Center 9.1

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2003, 01:02:19 pm »

Marko,

What version of Real player do you have installed on you computer? We tried to play the M3U file and all streams in the file work fine for us.

The visualizations will not be available for all the URL except the last one because visualization are only available for internally supported file formats. RA and ASF are not supported by our internal decoding engine.

Nikolay

NoCodeUK

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2003, 01:05:17 pm »

NEW:  When making tag or filename changes, database save is not performed until you leave the files and click elsewhere . . . .  
SO, when you change alot of tags at once, then go back to right click for another operation the database save begins . . .  
BUT - It Is Leaving the right-click menu ON TOP even if another application is brought up in front of MC, the right-click menu remains on top.  (LisaRCT)

Have to agree.  I posted about this in the previous bug thread.  It just seems clunky now.  When editing in the panes it makes more sense to save changes after each change, in the AW it makes more sense to change on file change.  Could it be changed so that tagging in the panes works how it used to but taging in the AW stays the same?

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up