INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluetooth remote for headless NUC  (Read 2436 times)

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
Bluetooth remote for headless NUC
« on: February 28, 2015, 06:52:33 am »

I just thought I'd share another quick win I had with my MC20 NUC in headless mode.

I'm using the iStablizer Bluetooth remote to remotely control MC20 on the NUC so I don't have to pull the phone out to make quick volume adjustments, skip or pause.
It's the size of an apple remote.

I've had it for a while paired with the iPhone to remotely control JRemote when its on a dock. (it'll only control local JRemote playback this way)
However paired with the NUC it will control whatever zone is selected. So you use JRemote to control or set the Zone and then you can use the BT remote.
It works from boot in headless mode on my NUC once you've paired It the first time.
I have Spotify running in the background too on the NUC and MC always has focus, so I still have to use the phone to control Spotify.

It skips, pauses, plays and does volume great upto about somewhere between 10-15M.

I could probably program the other buttons for MC20 features too as it emulates a keyboard.

https://www.macfixit.com.au/istabilizer-shutter-remote-control-your-ios-device-or-your-mac-through-bluetooth.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up