INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is respnsible for UK Freeview EPG  (Read 3395 times)

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
Who is respnsible for UK Freeview EPG
« on: February 28, 2015, 03:57:08 pm »

I'm struggling to get an accurate EPG through my TV card (using either WMC or JRiver). Yet TV alone fed from same arial no probs.

Do different hardware/software suppliers get data from differing suppliers?

Any suggestions as how to proceed to resolve?

TIA

Trevor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Who is respnsible for UK Freeview EPG
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 05:07:59 pm »

In JRiver MC, EPG depends on which mode you use.

If you use MC2XML, the data came from Microsoft.  If you use XMLTV mode, then you have to supply an xmltv file or an external program that generates that file on the fly.

Other UK users might answer your questions better.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 06:42:04 pm »

Mode is set to auto (recomended)
Same tuner for both JRiver MC and Windows MC (WMCE).  Both using caldbeck transmitter.

Chanel 20 Drama show as 20 Gold in JRiver EPG with wrong programme data?

Data is correct on both Sony tv epg and WMCE EPG?

ANy ideas (apart from setting recordings up in WMCE playing in JRiver)
Trevor

Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 07:04:18 pm »

Mode is set to auto (recomended)

I did not even know that this method works in UK.  The data in this mode also come from Microsoft.

You can try the following:

1. Delete the channel that you think is incorrect, and do a rescan, or simply manually correct the channel.
2. Run EPG manually, and make a careful examination of the channel to XMLID mapping page, and make sure the mapping is accurate.   In other words, check the channel that is has gotten wrong data, and make sure it is matched with the correct guide data ID.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 09:43:22 pm »

Just get same data see screenshot
Trevor

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 06:36:20 am »

Let me try to understand your problem better.  When you play the channel "20 Drama", you get expected program for the channel "Drama", right?  But when you ran EPG, the program gives you "20 G.O.L.D", and if you match that with "20 Drama", you get wrong programs.

Is that what happened or the opposite?

If "20 Drama" is the correct channel, can you find in the drop-down list anything that is named "drama", not necessarily "20 Drama", maybe "41 Drama", or "120 Drama"?  The data from the source obviously is not accurate, and there is nothing we can do about.  You can try a different source, by using "XMLTV" option.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 06:47:21 am »

Thanks.  If I match 20 drama with 20 gold I get wrong programme listing.  But I can view 20 drama programmes.

There is no other drama listing.

Looks like I will have to try xtvml source

Trevor
Trevor
Pages: [1]   Go Up