INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ayre qb-9 setup  (Read 5648 times)

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
Ayre qb-9 setup
« on: March 01, 2015, 12:33:09 pm »

I have done a search for the ayre qb-9, but did not find the help I was looking for.
I am getting an Ayre QB-9 (192--not DSD) and am confused on how best to set up with MC20. For the most part I will be playing cd's I've ripped to MC20 --44.1kh-- but may want to download some higher bitrate music, but probably not higher than 96kh.
I am running MC20 on a win7 laptop. Music was ripped to an external hard drive in apple lossess format.
There is a setup page on the AYRE site, but I'm not sure I need to do any of the instructions they offer if I'm using MC20. Do I??
They talk about using wasapi. I'm not sure what that is and where to set it up--in MC20 or my laptop??
Do I need to download the windows driver on the Ayre site? Will windows automatically download the driver when I hook up the QB-9??

If there is someone out there who is using a QB-9 with MC20 (or 18/19) who is willing to help guide me thru setup I would greatly appreciate it. Please use small words ;). I'm a computer moron.
Thanks,
Tom

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Ayre qb-9 setup
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 12:39:03 pm »

You can choose WASAPI in MC's Audio settings.

This might help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:38:27 am »

If you post a link to the Ayre setup page, I will tell you whether you need to do what it says, and if you post a link to their Windows driver page, I will tell you whether you need to install it.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 09:08:35 am »

I talked to tech at Ayre after reading their instructions and think I have it setup correctly. I did need to download the windows driver. I won't know if it works until I get the QB-9 and hook it up. Basically there were some setting in MC20 I needed to make sure were set correctly--mainly I need to make sure wasapi is turned on.
Funny when I searched 'wasapi' on this site it came up empty. But I found where to turn it on in MC20 and its ready. I hope.
Thanks for the offer.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 09:11:56 am »

Now when I search 'wasapi' there are plenty of posts. I must have spelled it wrong.  My Duh.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:53:31 pm »

Now when I search 'wasapi' there are plenty of posts. I must have spelled it wrong.  My Duh.

Yes, "wasabi" is what they give you at a sushi place.  ;D

smichalove

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 06:36:20 pm »

After much testing I have gotten the QB-9 to support both DSD64 and PCM bitstreams:

1. Install the USB drive 1.26 as noted her: http://www.ayre.com/usb_driver.htm
2. Configure the driver in JRiver: Tools->Options->AudioDevices
3. Configure DSD in Tools->Options->...DeviceSetings, choose DSD
4 REMOVE  Output Format [uncheck] in  DSPStudio [this allows you to output both PCM and DSD64
Pages: [1]   Go Up