INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 20.0.80 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 12212 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 20.0.80 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:33:37 pm »

This is the latest version of MC20 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200080.dmg

20.0.80 (3/2/2015)

1. Fixed: App signing issue on some systems.

20.0.74 (2/21/2015)

1. Fixed: When syncing files to a linux based handheld device (i.e. Android), forward slashes within artist or album names would cause the destination path to be wrong.
2. Fixed: External storage cards on handheld devices were not always showing up in MC without doing a manual re-detect of devices.
3. Fixed: Many CD ripping problem fixes.
4. Fixed: Auto-import was sometimes importing image and 'data' files which aren't supported.
5. Fixed: A CUE parsing issue where the last track would not work because the playback range was parsing incorrectly if the CUE file spanned multiple tracks.
6. Fixed: Reading a SACD ISO with empty data packets could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Made the SACD ISO parser a little more forgiving.
8. NEW: Added a 'Total Tracks' field to the library.  Currently updated from MP3 files, MP4 files, FLAC files, and during CD ripping.
9. NEW: Added a 'Total Discs' field to the library, which is updated from MP3, MP4, and FLAC files.
10. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
11. NEW: Support for playing HTTP Live Streaming streams (both video/audio and audio-only).
12. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
13. Fixed: CD ripping was always using secure mode regardless of user setting.
14. Fixed: Prior to any CD play or rip activity, the options dialog did not always show the installed CD drives.
15. Fixed: If CD ripping was started from the list header button, the initial ripping action window would still show after ripping was complete.
16. Fixed: During Handheld sync, if no files were being uploaded (just deletions taking place), sync process would stall out with "Working..." displayed in action window.
17. Fixed: Use defaults for empty media file location base paths read from the registry.
18. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis, transcoding and video playback.
19. Fixed: WMA files would not play on some OS X 10.6 systems.

20.0.67 (2/9/2015)

1. Fixed: Occasional crash at startup due to splash screen.
2. NEW: Video conversions now supported!
3. Fixed: Crashes in the file converter when using DSP plugins.

20.0.64 (1/29/2015)

1. Fixed: SACD playback was broken for the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Avoids importing files from within app bundles and installer packages.  Avoid importing images.

20.0.63 (1/28/2015)

1. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached and could remain showing over the top of other views (really fixed this time).
2. Fixed: Video display in action window would display over the top of other action window views.

20.0.62 (1/26/2015)

1. Changed: When both a Windows and a Master license are installed, Media Center now shows the installed license type as Master.

20.0.60 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Purchase links were not going to the new page.

20.0.59 (1/21/2015)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Changed: Added a 3dB cut to the Headphones effect so that increases from cross-feed won't lead to clipping.

20.0.58 (1/20/2015)

1. NEW: Selecting audio streams in Video files.
2. NEW: Chapter selection in the OSD and context menus for videos.

20.0.57 (1/16/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio presets could not be saved/loaded/deleted.
2. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached from Media Center and could remain showing over the top of other views.

20.0.54 (1/9/2015)

1. Changes and fixes from the mainstream. Note that if you are using client side volume leveling over DLNA and are using MC on multiple platforms, all builds need to be >=20.0.52 for this to continue to work.

20.0.52 (12/22/2014)

1. Fixed: The main application menu would often not be shown until the mouse was clicked within the app's window.
2. Fixed: If CD audio files were in playing now list and the CD device was removed, Media Center could crash if a DLNA device queried for the tracks.

20.0.51 (12/22/2014)

1. Fixed: In format conversion dialog, if a target directory was specified along with multiple levels, the converted file ended up in a strange land.
2. Fixed: In format conversion dialog, if a target directory was entered that did not exist or was not writable, the conversion would fail without a helpful message.
3. Fixed: DLNA serving of Ogg, MP3, MP4 files with conversion to uncompressed wave would fail on some devices because of an incorrect transcoded length value.
4. Fixed: Dates were not displayed with the locale settings in system preferences.

20.0.46 (12/9/2014)

1. Fixed: Cmd-Q fix didn't make it into previous build.
2. Fixed: File transfers to external devices (Handheld sync) were much slower than doing it via Finder.
3. Fixed: Some web views were not working (displaying blank page), like "connected media".
4. Fixed: Web Gizmo wasn't working.

20.0.45 (12/5/2014)

1. Changed: Cmd-Q now works properly for exiting the application.
2. Changed: Holding the Control key while clicking the left mouse button now works correctly for bringing up the context menu (right-click menu).

20.0.40 (11/21/2014)

1. Fixed: DLNA: MC as renderer, when receiving a SetNextAVtransportURI, MC was allowing the playlist to grow beyond 2 items which is incorrect. This caused playlist sync issues.
2. Fixed: DLNA: MC as controller, fix bug in event send when changing playlist position 1.
3. Fixed: DLNA: MC as controller timing issue, make sure the first track is playing (for at least 5 seconds) before doing the SetNextAVTransportURI function.
4. Fixed: DLNA: MC as controller, when playlist position current +1 changes send a new SetNextAVTransportURI to devices that support it.
5. Fixed: The change from 20.0.31 (Back out library server hiding when the library is empty introduced in 19.0.71) missed the library server visibility (it was showing the DLNA servers).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.80 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:51:43 pm »

11. NEW: Support for playing HTTP Live Streaming streams (both video/audio and audio-only).

I just saw this even though it was added last week.  Thank you!!  -A

bMinor

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 03:17:59 am »

All Video is broken in 20.0.80
Just a blank screen with sound

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 08:42:52 am »

All Video is broken in 20.0.80
Just a blank screen with sound

Video seems to be working fine here. Did it work in previous versions?
Some details about which version of OSX and what hardware might be helpful.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bMinor

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 11:03:46 am »

Video seems to be working fine here. Did it work in previous versions?
Some details about which version of OSX and what hardware might be helpful.

previous versions were ok.

i just noticed someone else reporting the same/similar issue:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?PHPSESSID=5uue754amqs00kn0uuk5pos8q2&topic=92965.msg661958#msg661958

OS X 10.10.2
MacBookPro7,1

JimTheDj65

Airplay Specs
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 04:15:19 am »

Hi All,

Can someone point me to the specs for Airplay implementation on this JRiver release

I have a Naim Mu-So and I am comparing Bluetooth APT-X and Airplay.

Specifically, I was hoping that airplay on JRiver supports 48khz.  So far I can get it only to work on 44.1khz only.  I am very excited with this release and it seems to work without any fuss on my macbook air, happily going through all permutations for playback...

Any assistance greatly appreciated..

Hilton

Re: Airplay Specs
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 05:43:15 am »

Hi All,

Can someone point me to the specs for Airplay implementation on this J River release

I have a Naim Mu-So and I am comparing Bluetooth APT-X and Airplay.

Specifically, I was hoping that airplay on J River supports 48khz.  So far I can get it only to work on 44.1khz only.  I am very excited with this release and it seems to work without any fuss on my macbook air, happily going through all permutations for playback...

Any assistance greatly appreciated..

Apple AirPlay is limited to 44.1 by Apple, it's not a JRiver limitation. You will get more flexibility with sample rates using the Naim in DLNA/UPnP mode. (pushing audio to the Naim in MC) (Presuming it supports UPnP with some decent sample rates!)

mvilla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 09:04:27 am »

Great job done !

One thing to address: CD is not ejected after rip is completed, though option is selected.

Thanks
Massimo

mvilla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 12:01:36 pm »

JRiver Media Center 20.0.80 for Mac

I just saw this even though it was added last week.  Thank you!!  -A

How can you use this new feature ? Can you play Spotify thanks to it ? Where is the related item in the Menu ?
Many thanks
Massimo

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 10:08:33 pm »

Bug: the very top Menu bar does not work the same as other Apple apps. In MC, click on any item, say File, and move the mouse to the right. say to Edit, the menu should switch. It does not.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 10:12:27 pm »

The volume interaction is weird. Using the Volume up key (F12) doesn't display the normal volume overlay on the screen. Instead MC grabs it and displays a percentage at the top (where it says JRiver Media Center 20).

Now switch to any other app, say Chrome. The f10/f11/f12 keys DO affect the volume, but do not display on the screen. (MC must be running for this to happen). This is confusing.

Best: keep MC's interaction with the volume, but do not change the OS X display of the volume changes.
OK: Just use the OS X displays.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Mac APE rips won't playback, other formats OK. PLEASE help.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 12:51:25 pm »

Moved this to Bugs because I have narrowed this down and can now repeatedly reproduce the problem. I have verified that the playback problem only happens when the tracks are ripped into APE format. If I rip to FLAC, Apple Lossless or WAV, etc the tracks playback w/o error. This is 100% repeatable. Tracks previously ripped to APE on a PC play fine. However any new rips with Mac V20.80 in APE format won't play. MC responds with a very non specific "Playback Problem - Something went wrong with playback" message.

The only thing I can think of which changed is that this coincidentally happened after I installed the latest security update 2015-002 V1.0 to Yosemite. (I did successfully rip and play one album in APE format prior to the OSX update.) I don't know if the update has anything to do with the problem or not since the security update can not be rolled back and I can't test.

I would appreciate it if someone from JR would at least look at this. I've spent countless hours tracking this down. (Recreating share permissions on my NAS, creating new empty libraries testing them on my NAS and on the local Mac, ripping different albums, etc.)

Thanks

P.S. All DSP effects are turned off (unchecked) and all tracks were ripped in secure mode w/o error. Yosemite V10.10.2 with security update mentioned above.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 12:58:57 pm »

We'll take a look tomorrow.

We might have to kick the tail of that stupid APE author!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 02:15:30 pm »

We'll take a look tomorrow.

We might have to kick the tail of that stupid APE author!

Nah, he's a pretty good guy! Probably just a typo in his code.  ::)

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 12:46:25 pm »

When I'm finished editing a field and then press Return, MC updates the field but then starts playing the selected track(s). The Windows version doesn't exhibit the same behavior: pressing Enter after editing a tag in Windows only updates the tags, as I'd expect.

-L
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 09:50:13 pm »

DSP Studio -> Output Format was not checked before the update but was checked after the update.  Seems to forget these settings between versions sometimes but not always.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 10:05:39 pm »

The volume interaction is weird. Using the Volume up key (F12) doesn't display the normal volume overlay on the screen. Instead MC grabs it and displays a percentage at the top (where it says JRiver Media Center 20).

Now switch to any other app, say Chrome. The f10/f11/f12 keys DO affect the volume, but do not display on the screen. (MC must be running for this to happen). This is confusing.

Best: keep MC's interaction with the volume, but do not change the OS X display of the volume changes.
OK: Just use the OS X displays.

Followup: found a weird situation tonight where the function keys were reporting the volume at 0, but sound was coming out (pressing them didn't change the volume). Changing the volume through Media Center directly did change the volume. Sorry, I didn't investigate this very much.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
Right Click Menus Immediately Close
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 04:09:36 pm »

While using any other application (Safari for example) and mousing into MC20 and right clicking on anything the right click menu opens and immediately closes again making it impossible to select anything.  This is fixed by first left clicking on MC20 to bring it to attention.  This glitch is considerably annoying when trying to simply right click play an album or change a setting while normally actively using any other application which is the 95% use case I suspect.

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 04:21:43 pm »

Followup: found a weird situation tonight where the function keys were reporting the volume at 0, but sound was coming out (pressing them didn't change the volume). Changing the volume through Media Center directly did change the volume. Sorry, I didn't investigate this very much.
This happens because MC sets the volume for the audio device to the lowest output level, but does not mute the output.

With my headphones connected to a MacBook that was, if I remember correctly, -64dB.
Which was actually good, because that was a comfortable level to use them at. 1% was louder than I would have liked.

Perhaps the slider should go all the way to 0% for System Volume, and then have an additional step below 0% which mutes the output.

wouterk

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 01:08:24 am »

I have been running this version for about a week:
- occasional crash - Mac Mini 16GB i7 Yosemite
- playback: would like 2xDOP for most playback but not for DXD or 4xDSD
   For change need to deselect, save, relaunch MC for changes to become effective

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 11:23:25 am »

Convert format crashes MC.

Selected 45 WMA files and tried to convert them to MP3. Media Center crashed hard.
Did this twice, and on the third time (to get the error report to paste here) it didn't crash, but it is on 0% on two files and not making progress.

Will followup with error report if it decides to crash again.

Cancel button doesn't work either :)
But quitting did.

4th: crash. I have the error info (stack traces etc. it's a segv)
JohnT if you want the info, send me an e-mail. I don't have your e-mail handy. It's too long to post here.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 12:00:07 pm »

johnt at jriver
Pages: [1]   Go Up