INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.268 beta available  (Read 5246 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.268 beta available
« on: October 06, 2003, 09:09:41 am »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.    

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:        
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:        
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91268.exe    

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:  
1. Changed: Rename From Info system accepts forward (or back) slashes for directory separation.
2. Changed: Rename From Info and Fill From Filename systems check / report invalid keyword use.
3. Fixed: Keywords control did not use skin colors.
4. Fixed: Changing "Album Artist (auto)" field would always change the "Artist" field instead of the "Album Artist" field when appropriate.
5. Changed: When MC couldn't find images on a digital camera it no longer automatically closes the "Acquire Images" dialog.
6. Fixed: After doing a "Locate" then an action that caused MC to update its view, the panes could become unsynchronized with the search.
7. Fixed: Adding / removing columns could sometimes crash MC.
8. Fixed: Setup finalizer (needed after restart for files that couldn't be copied) still mentioned Media Jukebox.
9. Fixed: Ipod synching could crash in some cases.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dingoBaby

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 9.1.268 beta available
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 09:22:12 am »

7. Fixed: Adding / removing columns could sometimes crash MC.

Thank you!!  I was pretty sure I wasn't imagining this problem.  Just tested it out, added some columns and no crash.  You guys rock!  Thanks for a great program.
I May Be Listening To:

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 11:11:39 am »

With the 3D visualization plugin enabled, moving the cursor to the bottom of the Playing Now area, DOES NOT bring up the tool bar.  Also the drop down menu selections are not highlited.  

Switching to the old visualization plugin resolves the problem.  

All-In-Wonder Radeon 1800 128 MB DDR video  

Media Center Registered 9.1.268 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\  

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)  
Intel Pentium 4 3207 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 282 MB  

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A  
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max  
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max  
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767  
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav  

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD+RW  DRU-120A   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:No  
 Drive E: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes  
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes  
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 11:14:41 am »

With the 3D visualization plugin enabled, moving the cursor to the bottom of the Playing Now area, DOES NOT bring up the tool bar.  Also the drop down menu selections are not highlited.  

It works here.  Try dropping your frame rate.  Please start a thread if necessary.

LisaRCT

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 03:14:20 pm »

I viewed the playlist "Playlist=[Recently Imported]", now regardlss of what playlist I click on the search box has "Playlist=[Recently Imported]" stuck in it   ?

Edit- closing MC and restarting it cleared this (however crashing MC did not clear it)

Re-Edit -  nope, that didn't clear it . . . .  it has returned again and is still filtering/searching as "Playlist=[Recently Imported]"

. . . . .  almost gave me heart failure when my library suddenly appeared as 165 files rather than the 17, 865 it had been    :o
Until I noticed the search string/filtering was there again.

MachineHead

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 03:42:32 pm »

Long story short....

Can you guys (J River) reproduce bug mentioned in this thread?

He can reproduce

It's easier then trying to copy the whole thing. Note O.S.

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 05:24:11 pm »

I viewed the playlist "Playlist=[Recently Imported]", now regardlss of what playlist I click on the search box has "Playlist=[Recently Imported]" stuck in it   ??

Yes, I'm getting this also. Given that MC pushes you to the "Recently Imported" playlist if you have imported files this is annoying.

For me I imported some files from the "My Computer" part of the tree, went back to other directories there and MC was in effect "hiding" all other files. (Panic, worry about deleted stuff etc. until saw the search box entry!!)

ZRocker

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 07:03:33 pm »

I viewed the playlist "Playlist=[Recently Imported]", now regardlss of what playlist I click on the search box has "Playlist=[Recently Imported]" stuck in it   ?

Bug:
1. Same kind of problem if you do a Locate function and then look in Recently Imported or Recently Ripped....MC gets pesky and keeps putting in the last Locate criteria in the Search box (like Artist: Firewind)...bugaroo.

Update:
You can't even get rid of the Search criteria once used...you can change it, but not delete it permanently.  Everytime you change views, MC pops the old Search criteria back in the search box...please, MC, don't do that.

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 08:44:15 pm »

When i click on store in file tage (When Possible) in Read only fields, i need to click on that every time i load the program. Could you make it so that once the file tages are clicked, it remains that way permantantly.

Second, whenever i upgrade, i always lose the DSP plugins, and also other plugins. Is there any way of preventing this as it's a pain having to always download the same plugins, several times a week

Thanks

Steven

RMB

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 11:36:05 pm »

BUG: Error Playing asx stream.

MC reports:
Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.
Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.

This is reported even when MC is freshly started, and the only file it has in the playlist is one stream address.

Example Address taken from MC web Media page  -
Jazz FM - http://www.jazzfm.com/jazzfm_1022.asx

This same address works correctly in windows Media Player, and it used to work in some earlier versions.

I cannot be sure which version since I have frequently encountered this error, and changed MC to use a playlist address which gets the same stream, but is not an asx file - it ends up at mms://cryomedia1.cryohost.net/gmg_jazzfm_1022
RMB

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2003, 01:00:09 am »

Hi,

? Confirm Lisa's problem with [Recently Imported].
after importing a new album, all my view schemes have their search field filled with Playlist=[Recently Imported].
Only cleared when exiting/restarting MC.

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2003, 02:22:09 am »

>>>I have a problem setting up custom views based on custom fields. I can set up the view ok, set up the pane ok, but when I try to add or remove 'fields to show', MC crashes <<<

NOW WORKING IN .268 using Win98SE- Thankyou for a good response

Jim

nivw

• World Citizen
  • &quot;I m singing in the rain, na na nanana...&quot;
9.1.268 hangs during import
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2003, 06:13:36 am »

I check off avi and microsoft video files and the imports now is fine.

Niv

nivw

• World Citizen
  • &quot;I m singing in the rain, na na nanana...&quot;
CDDB
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2003, 06:49:48 am »

I put an hebrew disc in. MC looks for its label from the net.
Doesn't find it.
I quit MC and load EAC
EAC does find the album details in English (not in Hebrew letters!)

Oh, and btw I didn't see that you have posted a fix to ripping Hebrew CDs. Is it true?
Niv

LisaRCT

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2003, 06:56:39 am »

1- when chosing 'Rename file from properties' the "Confirm file replacement" dialog does not always stay on top . . .  it has been behind the interphase and thus unable to click on Yes or No a number of times.

2- the "Saving database" dialog is annoying, updates too frequently (even while just listening to an internet radio station and doing NOTHIG with the dtabase), steals focus while tagging, and is slow.

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2003, 07:30:36 am »

Bug:
1. The Portable devices upload support is not as nice as it was a few weeks ago in the statistics it shows.  No longer does it show how many bytes you have Remaining (available) for upload...you have to do the math yourself when queing files to be uploaded...would be much nicer if MC went back to telling you how many more MB you have available.  I mean, MC tells you you have nnn MB free and nnn MB queed to Upload, but it should do like it did before and tell you how many nnn MB you have available still for uploading (not make the user figure it out).  Older MC versions used to do this (I believe) as I used it all the time when uploading my CF cards.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2003, 07:45:34 am »

I'm still not entirely sure about the changes made to when tagging is done.  I do most of my editing in the panes and very rarely use the tag info in the action window.  I usually work on a batch of files at once.  I select all the files and album artist details, Make any necessary changes and then do a rename files using tags.  Used to be a lot easier before the changes.  Now to make a change stick I have to unselect all the files to make things happen, then reselect all to perform the next step continually.

Secondly I think rename files from properties should always be an instant thing.  AT the moment it behaves the same as tagging and is mildly annoying as you think file names have changed, go to the directory and realise they haven't...

I know this will sound like I'm being a pain, expecially as I was one of the people proposing these changes, but now that I have used it I think it is better if tags are changed immediately like they used to be rather than having to select another file.  It has just made the whole process a bit unwieldy and a bit click heavy...

Cheers for listening and keep up the good work.  The fact that this minor gripe is the only thing I can come up with shows what a mature product MC 9 has become...

Heres looking forward to Radio APE and the Monkey Music service ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2003, 07:50:40 am »

I just had a thought after reading my previous post.  Would it be possible for tag changes in the tag info window to remain as they are(which makes more sense) but for tag changes in the panes to revert to the old way ie change as soon as a change is made rather than having to click off the files and then reselect them.  This way people would have the best of both worlds.  Those who tag using the info screen there would be no change at all buy t for those of us who tag using the pains it would work more logically (the way it used to)

Cheers

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2003, 08:03:09 am »

Edit- closing MC and restarting it cleared this (however crashing MC did not clear it)

Re-Edit -  nope, that didn't clear it . . . .  it has returned again and is still filtering/searching as "Playlist=[Recently Imported]"

. . . . .  almost gave me heart failure when my library suddenly appeared as 165 files rather than the 17, 865 it had been    :o

yep, me too.

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2003, 08:03:10 am »

This problem still occurs on 2.1.268:

MJCurPlaylistAutomation.AddFile(string, position) method is broken.

This method always causes MC9.1.267 to crash, no matter what is passed to it.  This happens not only in my own C++ plugin code, but also in the webremote plugin supplied by JRiver (either 1.0.6 or 1.0.7).  For example, using the searchplay action crashes because it calls AddFile().

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2003, 08:06:52 am »

Soundman,

We can't reproduce the problem. Are you using TLB file from Media Center installation directory? If not, then try using this file.

Nikolay

matshif

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2003, 08:44:35 am »

Not so big heart failure. 17 files instead of 8655 ;)

/Mats
Pages: [1]   Go Up