INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get Images in alpabetical order in Theater View  (Read 1507 times)

fobos8

• Junior Woodchuck
Can't get Images in alpabetical order in Theater View
« on: March 03, 2015, 04:17:16 am »

Hi All

Have been using JRiver for a while now for my music and vids. Finally last week I convinced the wife to let me put the family photos on JRiver too. When the photos are first imported into JRiver the tag associated with each image has its album field filled in with a date by default. I am in the process of changing these dates to something more meaningful by giving a collection of photos an album name like, Christmas 2013 or Family 2011, Andrew's furniture etc.

I was hoping that when I view the Albums of my images in Theater view I would be able to see them in alphabetical order. I went into Tools -> Options -> Theater View. I then went to the Items to Show pane and found my Album subheading in the Images section. I then clicked on "set rules for file display" and added a modifier to sort my Albums in alphabetical order. Unfortunately this doesn't work - the albums are not in order.

Below are the screen shots. Hopefully they'll explain better what is going on.

Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong. All my music files are sorted in alphabetical order by album name in Theater view and I haven't set a modifier for this so I guess its done by default.

How can I get in my wife's good books and view my Image album names in alphabetical order?

Kind regards, Andrew

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't get Images in alpabetical order in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 05:04:50 am »

Instead of sort by "album (a-z)" try "Name(a-z)".

fobos8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 05:22:47 am »

Instead of sort by "album (a-z)" try "Name(a-z)".

have tried that in Theater view but no joy.

It does however work in Standard view see below. I don't know why it works as I have no data entered in the Name field of the tag.

We always use JRiver in Theater view so I really need to get it working in that

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 05:50:37 am »

If you use a category view like that in Theater View, it should sort by the category in alphabetical order, as far as I know.
Seems very odd that it isn't happening!

Try editing the category (select Album, click Edit on the far right on your Theater View config screenshot), there should be sorting settings there. Make sure its "Ascending" or "Descending", and not any of the others.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

fobos8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 06:19:28 am »

brilliant! all sorted

did what Hendrik suggested. For some reason the albums were set to be sorted by date (newest first). I changed this so they are now sorted by name and it works fine.

see screenshot below. Many thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 06:38:50 am »

I would suggest to use Ascending or Descending options, as that will actually sort by the Album value (the same the category groups by). While Name may seem to work right now, it could end up inconsistent later.
But you know where the option is now, so you can always see about changing it when something odd happens!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up