INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bug or feature request? Update cdplayer.ini  (Read 1483 times)

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
bug or feature request? Update cdplayer.ini
« on: June 19, 2003, 05:39:27 am »

As you may know, MC9 will add an entry in the cdplayer.ini file when it reads a new disc.  If the disc has CD-Text, it will read that as well.  The problem is that I burned a CD yesterday from RealOne Rhapsody.  It's burning engine (provided by NTI) does not support CD-Text.  So I pop in the disc, and MC9 tries to read it, and queries the YADB, which it won't find, since it is a custom compilation.  I am then prompted for the disc info.  Since I don't have the track names handy, I enter one, two, three, etc. as track names.  As I listen to it, I then enter the track names.  The problem is that it doesn't update the entry in the cdplayer.ini once I have updated it in MC9.  If this is not a bug, can it be added in the future?  Thanks.

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
Re: bug or feature request? Update cdplayer.ini
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 05:44:10 am »

Another reason why I would like to see the cdplyer.ini updated, is if you get track info from YADB, and it is incorrect.

Sauzee

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 06:47:28 pm »

I've come up against this same cdplayer.ini problem as well.  

It appears if you manually type in the CD info for a compilation CD it doesn't update the cdplayer.ini file.

So if I want to use the CD with an external program eg. EAC or a CD label program I can't get the CD info.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 06:39:51 am »

It's on the list of *possible* enhancements for version 10. Feel free to bug us about it during version 10 beta testing.

Thanks,
- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up