INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing music files  (Read 1016 times)

Cbn700

Importing music files
« on: March 04, 2015, 09:09:16 pm »

Hi,
I am new to using jriver and have a question.  I have about 1200 cd's burnt to wave file using EAC.  They are all stored as .wav files.  When I import them to jriver, they copy fine but do not have the album title,artist,or artwork.  Is ther a setting I do not have set correctly or what am I missing.  I do not want to go through all the albums and have to do this manually. Thanks

Chuck

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Importing music files
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 08:21:44 am »

I don't believe EAC adds any tags when it produces wav format files.  You might want to check out this (rather old) thread about the same issue:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64260

If your folder and file naming for these files represent the artist, album, and track names, you can use the Media Center tool "Fill properties from filename" to get those into the database.  For artwork, I assume you already have it?  How/where is it stored in the current system?  You should be able to point Media Center to it.  If you have missing artwork, you can select a bunch of tracks and use the menu option "Cover art / Get from internet...".

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Importing music files
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 12:17:39 pm »

If you created CUE files in EAC when ripping, then you can set MC20 to read that information from the CUE files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up