INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best JRiver Output options to AVRs with Audyssey tool  (Read 1310 times)

Bluemoon

• Recent member
Best JRiver Output options to AVRs with Audyssey tool
« on: March 05, 2015, 08:16:32 am »

I'm hoping you guys can assist me to setup MC on my Mac mini to get best possible SQ. I checked JRiver Wiki with no joy. Here is the situation. My (simplified) audio chain is something like

NAS (Flac) & Spotify --> Mac mini --> USB -->SP/DIF --> AVR (Onkyo 818) pre-out --> Rotel Power Amp --> 2.2 speakers.

Due to 2 Subs setup I need to have a bass management tool so I use AVR's Audyssey XT32 room correction option. Otherwise bass integration becomes problematic. I was led to believe that (I might be wrong here) Audyssey resamples audio to 48/16. My original audio from Mac mini, mostly, is 44.1/16 ripped from CDs.

My question is "which of the following is the best setup for better SQ?"

a) Send the original audio from JRiver to AVR and let the AVR do the re-sampling job
b) Do the re-sampling job (to 48/16) in JRiver and send it to AVR for other DSP work

The reason I'm asking this question because I sort of remember a JRiver person commented on the high quality of the re-sampler  MC uses. I would appreciate if JRiver/forum people with a similar setup share their views on this.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Re: Best JRiver Output options to AVRs with Audyssey tool
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 09:09:39 am »

Out of curiosity, what are you using for the [USB -->SP/DIF] part of the chain? I am putting together a similar setup since I'm migrating away from a PC (which has an internal M-Audio professional card in it.)

Bluemoon

• Recent member
Re: Best JRiver Output options to AVRs with Audyssey tool
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 05:35:23 pm »

Audiophilleo2 USB to SP/DIF converter
Pages: [1]   Go Up