INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - Nostalgia  (Read 2226 times)

Marko

OT - Nostalgia
« on: October 05, 2003, 12:14:51 pm »

Was doing the yukky task of cleaning up my pc today. I've gotten lazy and the job will never be done in one sitting. There's stuff laying around all over the place  ::)

Got the C: drive done today, so that's a start. In the process I came across an .avi file I'd made to show a potential customer MC in action. Before deleting it, I made a screengrab....

click here to see the full size image

Things I miss? (just a little bit ;) )
the drop target
properties on the right
playlist properties in status bar regardless of selection

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: OT - Nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 07:08:36 am »

I also miss some things in MJ8 and MC9 and also in MJ 7.2 version like the player, equalizer and the vizualisations side by side but is progress i think. MC is getting bigger and better day by day, they work hard and dawn good to bring to us MC and we are we to enjoy it bit by bit  ;) .
Made in Portugal

jleerigby

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 09:26:28 am »

Yeh - looks really useful having the properties window over the library like that instead of covering that nice white space on the left!  Not.  No offence but not everything was better in the old days.

Marko

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 12:58:35 pm »

Lee, calm down m8. No-one said old was better.

MC has evolved a lot over the past year. I'm using the current 9.1 build here and experience no showstopping issues.
I posted the image because it brought home to me how much had changed and how quickly we get used to the changes. Things like the drop target, I used it all the time when it was there, but untill I saw this screenie, I'd almost forgotten all about it (nostalgia) and that status bar info was kinda handy.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 01:05:52 pm »

How about "Media Center -- Nostalgia Edition" for $49.98 -- limited time offer?

;D

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 01:11:22 pm »

You want Nastalgia -- I'll give you nastalgia

Introducing!!! Media Jukebox 1.0.352

rocketsauce

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 01:12:29 pm »

...not everything was better in the old days.

That's just a matter of opinion. Having the Propeties window on the right vs the tiny little Action Window on the left is one of the things that keeps me reverting back to 9.0.180 after every time I try a new 9.1 build . After listening to music, editing file properties is the primary thing I do with MC and it is just easier in 9.0.180 and outweighs any benefits of the panes or quicktagging.

Also, all of that "nice white space on the left" seems to magically disappear as soon as I expand my Media Library tree.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/res1223/rocketsauce/mc.jpg

Rob

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2003, 04:27:01 am »

You want Nastalgia -- I'll give you nastalgia

Introducing!!! Media Jukebox 1.0.352

I'l bet with you that that version of MJ is still better than other jukeboxes aplications out there.

I also found the properties on the right much more easy to handle but like it is now is only a matter of time to learn to handle it correctly.
Made in Portugal
Pages: [1]   Go Up