INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does DSD-to-PCM low pass filter work if the bitstream is set to DSD mode?  (Read 2960 times)

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A curious journey called "Life"

Hello.

I would like to listen to PCM files at the PCM mode and DSD files at the DSD mode of the DAC. I understand that if I use "DSD in DoP format" from the Output Format option in DSP Studio, even the PCM files get treated as DSD at the DAC end, so I am using bitstream mode at DSD, but it seems that DSD-to-PCM low pass filter in DSD plugin doesn't work in this case. Am I correct? If it is, would setting up the parametric equalizer setting to the same as DSD-to-PCM low pass filter have the same effect? I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Y. G.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Bitstreaming passes the bits as-is.  It doesn't do any manipulation like a low-pass.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck

Thank you, Matt. :)

I get to learn new things every day. That means DSP studio also won't affect when DSD is bit streamed, correct?

Best regards,
Y. G.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Thank you, Matt. :)

I get to learn new things every day. That means DSP studio also won't affect when DSD is bit streamed, correct?

Best regards,
Y. G.
Correct, DSP Studio and internal volume don't have any effect on bit streamed content.

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck

Thank you, Mojave. :)

Is there any way to DoP only on DSD files without using bit streaming option then? I would like to know what is available. :)

Best regards,
Y. G.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Set bitstreaming to "none" and then follow the directions in this thread:  NEW: Real-time DSD output

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck

Thank you, Mojave! :D

That was a long reading! ;D I should have checked the forum in Windows side as well! I learned a lot.

Definitely, life has a lot to learn. Thank you again! :)

Best regards,
Y. G.

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen

Just to clarify: How does JRiver handle PCM files with the DSP is set to DoP and the DAC supports that and what is different if the DSP is set back to None.

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello Paul,

As far as I understand, PCM files will also be in DoP format, carrying 8bit DoP headers in 24bit 176.4kHz for DSD format for an example.

Best Regard,
Y. G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up