INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom view schemes on gaming consoles (DLNA)  (Read 1253 times)

gegonut

Custom view schemes on gaming consoles (DLNA)
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:20:48 am »

Hey, everyone. I've got a problem viewing media with my PS3 via DLNA -- my custom view schemes don't show up, and changes I make to the default view schemes don't either. I'm using my home server (Windows 2012 R2) to run JRiver with a few different DLNA servers set up (a generic one, one for my PS3, and one for my 360). It all works quite well except for that issue.

On the PS3, when I click on the media server, I get four subcategories: "Audio", "Images", "Video", and "Playlists". Drilling down under "Video" gives me "Movies", "Shows", "Home Videos", "Other", "Disk", and "Recent". In JRiver, I have a custom view set up exactly like the default "Movies" view, called "Movies - Family" and showing only the "Family" genre. This isn't showing up. If I rename the "Movies" default view in JRiver, the PS3 doesn't show that either. New playlists that I add show up immediately, however.

Does anyone know if I can get the PS3 to respect my view schemes?

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Custom view schemes on gaming consoles (DLNA)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 11:28:29 am »

you kill and reopen jriver server after changes? (full exit/shut down)... I know with gizmo/webgizmo view changes they make you open task manager and search for all instances of media center 20 ( be sure to chose show all instances) i usually find 2 of them... media center 20, and jrservice/jrweb. once you verify all jriver services have been stopped/end task, then try reopening jriver and then check if changes have been made on your devices.

FYi file/exit on jriver server does not completely kill jriver, you must use task manager/ or reboot the windows server 2012.

to save you frustration in the future the same process must be done when deleting playlists/smartlists as well if clients are connected to the jriver server. Except you must make sure all clients are killed/exited from, otherwise the clients will re-add what you deleted right back to the server.

gegonut

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 02:33:09 pm »

Thanks for the input. I realized what I was doing after poking around a bit more. I created the views in the tree but I didn't edit the views on the DLNA server itself (Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA Servers ... > Customize Views). I edited the views there and everything is golden now. It was just my misunderstanding of how it worked.

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 03:18:45 pm »

glad you got it sorted. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up