INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixing EPG data sources - can this be done? Or this is a feature request  (Read 1777 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I use Zap2it for my EPG data which works very well most of the time as it provides the Series, Season and Episode numbers - very useful for getting good TV show data, but there are two channels I receive that don't have EPG data from Zap2it (one is channel 2.2 WESHD2 in Orlando, the other is 43.3 Bounce TV).

Is it possible to setup MC to use "both guides" (xmltv and data from ota/broadcast) where Zap2it is the primary source for data and then use OTA/broadcast data to fill-in missing stations, or even better, during the setup be able to select which stations will use Zap2it (xmltv) data and which ones will use OTA guide data?

If there is not a way to use multiple EPG sources now, please consider this for a future feature.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Try this:

Create a second Tuner Profile (by running Setup, without doing any clean up tasks - such as deleting exiting channels).  This profile would identical to you first one (if you have one) except the EPG part.  Specify a new EPG method.  You may be able to cancel channel scanning at the end (after it has started), but it does no harm letting channel scan finish.

Run "Load Program guide..." at least once manually to make sure both modes are in the list.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator

Oops.  I just tried it.  It seems to be not possible.  It is the recent changes in TV setup that made it too restrictive.  I will have to change that.

CountryBumkin

Thanks for testing this and considering/offering to make a change to allow two guide sources in the future.

Yaobing

• Administrator

Thanks for testing this and considering/offering to make a change to allow two guide sources in the future.

You are welcome as usual.

There are two issues:

The first one used to work until the concept of "Tuner Profile" was introduces.  If you use ATSC tuners, for example, there can only be on tuner profile that is associated with ATSC tuners.  Now I will need to change the EPG loading tool so each EPG mode can be set up independent of the tuner profiles.  That way, you can have multiple EPG loading mode even if you only have one tuner profile.

The second issue, which existed even before, but was overlooked, and did not affect most people, is that OTA EPG scanning was done for all OTA channels.  That means it would not let you choose which channel to use OTA EPG.  So if you run two modes consecutively, one would override the other.  I will have to make some changes there too.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team

Is it possible to make one EPG profile primary?  I also use Zap2It, and like the OP, it is 95% there...what I would like, is to run 1 EPG collector that is good (the default in the US), then run Zap2it, just to fill in the Series and Episode info (or anything else that might be 'missing' from the primary EPG collector).

My guess is that this isn't possible, but it would be awesome if it could be done.

Yaobing

• Administrator

It is not possible to pick which fields to use from which EPG source.  All we can do (and should already work for two xmltv sources) is to pick which channels use which source.
Pages: [1]   Go Up