INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Television - Keyboard / Remote Control and Theatre View  (Read 2106 times)

Buddha Boy

• Recent member
Television - Keyboard / Remote Control and Theatre View
« on: March 11, 2015, 08:36:41 am »

2 Questions:

1) How do I select 'Television' from Theatre View?  It does not appear in menu list and Video|Guide does not list the TV guide!

2) Was wondering if there was a "back button" for Television.  Basically a button to return to the last channel watched.

On MCE this is the 'enter' button, but the 'back' button on the remote seems to return JRiver TV to the previous menu in 'Standard View' (which is weird).

Any thoughts or experience with a JRiver TV 'back button'?

EQUIPMENT:  Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 (Verizon FiOS Cable Card), JRiver v20, Windows 8.1

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Television - Keyboard / Remote Control and Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:01:47 am »

2 Questions:

1) How do I select 'Television' from Theatre View?  It does not appear in menu list and Video|Guide does not list the TV guide!

You need to setup television in standard view first.

In Standard View, click Television on the tree.  Do you see channels and programs listed?  If not, you would see either "Double-click here to run television setup." or "Double-click here to set up a program guide."

Even if you have run setup before, you can always run it again by clicking TV Options button, or going to Tools > Options > Television.

2) Was wondering if there was a "back button" for Television.  Basically a button to return to the last channel watched.

On MCE this is the 'enter' button, but the 'back' button on the remote seems to return JRiver TV to the previous menu in 'Standard View' (which is weird).

Any thoughts or experience with a JRiver TV 'back button'?

No remote control button is directly programmed.  But we recently added an MCC to do just that (It will be in the next build that will be out soon).  You just need to program a button yourself.  
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:08:46 pm »

Correction:

When a new build comes out, you will actually be able to use "Live TV" button on the MCE remote to achieve "previous channel" function.

You can use the button in the following way:

While not playing a TV channel, pressing "Live TV" button starts TV on a previously played channel.

While TV is playing, you change to a different channel (by choose a different program in Guide for example, or by pressing a new channel number on the remote).

Now pressing "Live TV" will bring you back to the channel just before you changed the channel.  Pressing "Live TV" button again and again will just goggle between the two channels, until you change to a third channel.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 04:02:14 pm »

does that mean there won't be a MCC command?  I don't use a MCE remote, but I use EventGhost, so is there a way to program a button to do this?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 06:52:27 pm »

does that mean there won't be a MCC command?  I don't use a MCE remote, but I use EventGhost, so is there a way to program a button to do this?

The MCC will be available too.  It was already implemented.  My "correction" was just about "no remote control button is directly programmed".

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 10:01:46 pm »

While I think it's great that we now have a "toggle" in order to channel surf, I'm a little perplexed as to why the "Live TV" or "My TV" button was used for this instead of the "Back Arrow" (not the DPad button but the one specifically for channel surfing) button which most remotes have these days...

There are plenty of us here using Harmony remotes, for instance, whereby the Back button is a hard button and easily accessible, whereas the "LiveTV" or "MyTV" button is buried in the touch interface for the device itself and is a PITA to get to in normal use.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 07:05:32 am »

Live TV button was not planned for this purpose.  It was an accident.  If we can have a button that functions for two functions, why not.  Come to think of it, logically it is not such a bad idea either. 

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 10:44:59 pm »

If we can have a button that functions for two functions, why not.  Come to think of it, logically it is not such a bad idea either. 

A. For the reason I mentioned, that most remotes have a hard "Back" button, whereas the Live TV button on remotes like the Harmony One is buried on the touchscreen.

B. Because using a button labelled "LiveTV" wouldn't be most peoples first "logical" guess to use when trying to "flick" between channels.

Hilton

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 07:05:02 pm »

A. For the reason I mentioned, that most remotes have a hard "Back" button, whereas the Live TV button on remotes like the Harmony One is buried on the touchscreen.

B. Because using a button labelled "LiveTV" wouldn't be most peoples first "logical" guess to use when trying to "flick" between channels.
I think from memory TiVo uses the Live TV button to switch between tuners, now that would be a good feature!

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 01:07:25 am »

AND more logical :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up