INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no restores Mistake Registration Code Kept Restoring used up all Master Licenses  (Read 2015 times)

contactmic

Every time I opened media center 20 I was asked for my license - I copied the master license media center said it was installed-
Later I notices a bunch of "buy button" Temporary install keys for jriver in my email inbox..but I knew I had already gotten the successful install prompt in media center- nothing said temporary - so i figured these emails  were a glitch Until opening media center- again was asked to enter registration..but I got a prompt saying I had used up my restores for the year but i hadn't asked for a restore- which I did accidentally last year so I though I understood it was a deliberate action not something that could happen accidentally while trying to enter my master licence.
So - now it seems I am locked out of media center on my laptop - and can't enter my master license - and the license wasn't actually automatically installed as email had suggested would happen after entering my registration code.

At one point in my frantic search for answers I read that I should contact the  company if I had a problem running out of restores- I only found this forum as a contact- and  hope this is the proper venue for asking for help.
any help or direction to resolve this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Please try this link:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

You may need to install the correct version.

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A curious journey called "Life"

Hello Mic,

If you have the latest .mjr file (install key file), Control + Click on it, and then Open With > Package Installer. It will let you install the install key file. For some reasons, some times OS X makes the default apps for .mjr file as JRiver MC, and it's not going to install the key by opening with JRiver MC. It needs to be opened with Package Installer of JRiver MC.

Best regards,
Y. G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up