INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Import  (Read 1669 times)

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
Auto-Import
« on: March 11, 2015, 08:59:27 pm »

Been having a recent problem with auto-import. I just set up MC for mac and imported the entirety of my music files from an external hard drive using auto-import. The process went smoothly and resulted in all my music files being successfully imported. However when I later added some additional files to the music folder on the external drive and restarted MC the new music failed to import; either by waiting for auto-import to run on its own or by manually running it from the import command. Seems to analyze the files and shows 0 new files imported.
Suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A curious journey called "Life"
Re: Auto-Import
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 03:50:49 am »

Hello Arthur,

Has it given you any warnings when you auto-imported like auto-import skipped some files, or have they been already imported under the albums that you already have (in this case, you can find them by using search)? The folder for auto-import is configured correctly, right?

Best regards,
Y. G.

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:11:48 pm »

No warnings of any problems importing. Goes through the routine of analyzing the files as it normally would and returns the message that no files were imported. It is correctly configured to the path to the external card drive. To check this I have cleared the library, configured auto-import, imported the entire contents of the drive (successfully) and then added a couple additional albums to the folder on the drive and tried auto-import again (with no success). So it clearly works the first time to import the contents, just not again when the contents change.

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A curious journey called "Life"
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 09:15:50 pm »

Try making another folder, add that folder to your auto-import configuration, put the new files there, and see whether it works or not. If it works, add more files and try auto-import again.

Since you are using external hard drive, chances are you have a NTSF partition on the external hard drive, so please check whether you have the most updated version of TuxeraNTSF (i.e. version 2014). Sometimes NTSF partitions play funny tricks on OS X, especially when you use Parallels.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
Y. G.

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 12:11:09 pm »

All mac system; all drives formatted as GUID, OS extended. 4TB drive with only one folder (Music) on it. Within the root level folder are individual folders for each artist. When I added content to a new root level folder (Music 2) it imported, but only the first time; subsequent additions were ignored the same as on the Music folder.
So again the issue is not recognition of the chosen folder, but subsequent updating when new music is added or changes made to music already there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up