INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning Unknown error. Sense Key =5,ASC=33,ASCQ =9  (Read 1805 times)

snapperocks

• World Citizen
Burning Unknown error. Sense Key =5,ASC=33,ASCQ =9
« on: October 04, 2003, 04:37:37 am »

I get this message just after the CD ejects as it starts to burn saying "writing lead in".

The computer also sometimes goes to a blue screen and if I'm lucky I can recover my burning programme without having to reboot. Nevertheless it simply will not burn a CD. It keeps ejecting and bringing up that strange error message.

Has this happenened to anyone else and if so how is it remedied?
I am able to play audio CD's and to rip them so its just the burning thats got me stumped.
Any help would be gratefully received
Thanks
snapperocks  :(

Media Center Registered 9.1.260 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Celeron 398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 14 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: CyberDrv CW058D CD-R/RW     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

nlc

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Burning Unknown error. Sense Key =5,ASC=33,ASC
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 11:49:08 am »

I believe this is a vendor specific error and I don't have the error list for your CyberDrv CW058D CD-R/RW.

Could you send me a log file of the burn process?

Turn on MC's logging for CD burning by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Writer\Logger

Then just start up Media Center and try to burn a CD (you can leave test mode checked to avoid creating a coaster). Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called "cdwriter.log" and email that to me. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you start up MC, so you must send the file before restarting MC.

Thanks!
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up