INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9.1 Burning/Ripping Performance  (Read 1204 times)

PsychShack

• Recent member
  • Mmm, donuts!
MC9.1 Burning/Ripping Performance
« on: October 03, 2003, 11:29:41 am »

First off, I just want to let it be known that I did read the Burning Problems post, which does not apply to my system (I checked the settings).

In MC 9.1 (9.1.256), while burning an audio CD (and somewhat while ripping CDs, but not to the same extent), my system basically freezes up so that I cannot do anything until the CD is finished burning.  I do not have this problem in Nero, Windows, or MMJB, so I'm assuming it's related to MC9.1, rather than my system.

I have not downloaded the newest beta because this version is said to be the "stable" one, but does anyone know if this problem has been fixed, and if not, will be?  Thanks!
David Schachner

Get lost in the Psychotic Shack: http://psychshack.netfirms.com/

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC9.1 Burning/Ripping Performance
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 11:43:34 am »

Could you send me a log file of the CD burning process?

Turn on MC's logging for CD burning by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Writer\Logger

Then just start up Media Center and try to burn a CD (you can leave test mode checked to avoid creating a coaster). Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called "cdwriter.log" and email that to me. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you start up MC, so you must send the file before restarting MC.

Thanks!
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up