INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Globally replace path (after copying library from PC to Mac)  (Read 1601 times)

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
Globally replace path (after copying library from PC to Mac)
« on: March 14, 2015, 01:23:16 pm »

Dear Forum,

I imported an MC library backup created on my PC into MC on my Mac.  All of the tracks have paths of the form "H:/My Music/xxxxx" which is correct for the PC where the library came from, but needs to be changed to "smb://servername/Disk Name (H)/xxxxxx" for all tracks in MC on my mac.   I looked at using Library Tools > Find and Replace, but don't see an option to find/replace filenames or paths.   I don't want to move the tracks (they are on an HD attached to the PC on my network), I just want MC on the mac to be able to point correctly to the tracks.   How do I do this?

Thanks,
Lee

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A curious journey called "Life"
Re: Globally replace path (after copying library from PC to Mac)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 04:38:31 pm »

Dear Lee,

Select all the albums and try using the Find & Replace feature at 'Rename, Move, & Copy Files' at 'Library Tools' , setting 'Find What' to "H:/My Music/" and 'Replace With' to "smb://servername/Disk Name (H)/".

Best regards,
Y. G.

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 07:55:15 pm »

Thanks.  I didn't realize that Find and Replace was also a feature within "Rename, Move & Copy".  In the end, the Find and Replace didn't work (I think because of the reverse slashes), but what did work is I selected the "Directories" option within "Rename, Move & Copy" and set the Base Path to "/Volumes/DISKNAME (H)/My Music/" and the Rule to match what rule was already being used for the tracks, and I chose "Update database to point to new location" option.  It worked perfectly, changing 55,000 tracks within a few seconds.

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A curious journey called "Life"
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 07:07:23 am »

Hello Lee,

Good for you! Library Tools are really powerful, and they are the features I like about JRiver MC. :) Have fun listening music! :)

Best regards,
Y. G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up