INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.267 beta available  (Read 8403 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.267 beta available
« on: October 03, 2003, 11:50:18 am »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.    

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:      
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe      

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:        
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91267.exe    

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: Improved MC's handling of corrupt / incomplete JPEG's.
2. Fixed: "Always On Top" could appear multiple times in the popup Action Window task bar menu.
3. Fixed: Ipod synching could crash in some cases.
4. Fixed: Filename enabled / disabled tracking wasn't working properly in Tag Info window.
5. NEW: Added "Replace & Play" menu item to shell extensions.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Marko

Re: Media Center 9.1.267 beta available
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2003, 12:58:14 pm »

Streaming Media: I am building a radio playlist here. Once I have successfully connected to a stream source, I import it to the library and add it to this playlist, along with logos ripped from the respective websites for "coverart". For testing I used these adresses: webradio.m3u

If a stream is playing, and I double click another entry on the list to change stations, MC gets very upset. Problems range from crashing to doing nothing to filling the buffer, playing it, then pausing while the buffer refills etc. etc. Playback of one streaming source must be stopped before starting another.

The bottom entries in this list are being detected as .wma streams, categorised as audio, and when playing, viz'ns work just fine. The .ram links on the other hand are being categorised as video, hence no viz'ns. I have updated the library giving these sources "audio" status, but still no viz'ns.

With ASIO enabled, all these sources play just fine, except for the last one, which after buffering has finished, immediately causes MC to crash leaving the buffer playing over and over. Only a reboot will clear this state.
========================================================================

Media Center Registered 9.1.267 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1612 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive P:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Q: TDK      DVDRW0404N         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

LisaRCT

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2003, 03:18:35 pm »

WHy does the 'Saving Database' dialog pop-up when there i no activity other than playing an internet radio station?  
Since I am not doing anything that I can see as causing changes to the database, why does this continue and why is it necessary?

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2003, 03:36:02 pm »

After installing this build I was prompted to restart my computer.  After doing so I received the following message in a popup window:

Media Jukebox 8.0 Install Wizard failed to install a necessary file.

Source: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Setup\MJShellExt.dll
Destination: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\MJShellExt.dll

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2003, 04:19:36 pm »

Me and others have reported this bug a million times and it's still not fixed.  I'm not going to repeat it every build so would appreciate if you would confirm that it's on the list of 'reproducable bugs that will be fixed' or just explain why it's not fixed.

BUG:
Within Windows explorer if you right click and select Media Centre it doesn't matter whether you choose play or add to playing now - it always does an 'add to playing now'.

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2003, 05:17:18 pm »

JLee:

It works for me.  If I have a bunch of tracks playing and I select Play then it plays.  If I select "Add To Playing Now" then it's added to the end of the list and plays then.

phatrabt

jleerigby

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2003, 05:44:02 pm »

JLee:

It works for me.  If I have a bunch of tracks playing and I select Play then it plays.  If I select "Add To Playing Now" then it's added to the end of the list and plays then.

phatrabt

Thanks phatrabt.  Pls can you post your system info.  Mine is as follows:

Media Center Registered 9.1.266 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 2153 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1572 MB, Free - 1100 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

jleerigby

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2003, 05:51:20 pm »

OK I see now that when you select Play from explorer it does add the tracks to playing now and then play immediately.  It doesn't replace the contents of playing now in the same way that Play would do if selected within MC.  Is this intentional?

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2003, 06:16:35 pm »

Bug:
1. In Media Library, sometimes MC ignores the Search parameters and shows the entire library.  I used the right-click menu while in PN to select Locate > Artist.  MC brought up the Media Library list correctly with Search set to "Artist: Sentenced"...all correct.  I then seleted a set of tracks (in the bottom window under Panes), right-clicked them and choose "Add to Playing Now".  MC added the tracks, but then displayed all Artists, Albums and tracks in the entire library...ignoring the Search parameter (that's not right...the bug).

Omni

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2003, 06:55:56 pm »

OK I see now that when you select Play from explorer it does add the tracks to playing now and then play immediately.  It doesn't replace the contents of playing now in the same way that Play would do if selected within MC.  Is this intentional?

Probably.

Did you not notice the new feature added in this build? ...

5. NEW: Added "Replace & Play" menu item to shell extensions.

Since they went to the trouble of adding this rather than taking the easy way out and just changing Shell->Play's functionalty, this was probably their intent.  It's a good compromise, don't you think?

Omni

Omni

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 07:35:26 pm »

BUG:  Glitch in "Clean File Properties..." option.

A while back before it was a built-in option, I manually edited all the "Album Artist" fields to have the article at the end.  I then had to do a "Copy Fields..." operation to get the new values to show up in the "Album Arirst (auto)" field.  (I thought this odd, but didn't report it as a bug or anything.)

Anyway, just now, I noticed some I missed, so selected them, did a "Clean File Properties...", unselected all fields, and then selected only[/u] "Album Arirst (auto)" to be cleaned.  What got updated, though, was the "Artist" field, not the "Album Artist (auto)" field.

Since "Album Artist" is not equivalent to "Artist," this seems to be a bug.

(Incidentally, If I select "Album Artist" (without the (auto)), then "Album Artist (auto)" gets updated correctly, and "Artist" remains unaffected as it should be.)

Omni

Shadowen

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 07:45:16 pm »

After installing this build I was prompted to restart my computer.  After doing so I received the following message in a popup window:

Media Jukebox 8.0 Install Wizard failed to install a necessary file.

Source: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Setup\MJShellExt.dll
Destination: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\MJShellExt.dll

I uninstalled and reinstalled MC and the problem went away.

Shadowen

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2003, 07:46:34 pm »

After upgrading, I noticed a new problem with the TV Tuner as indicated in this thread.

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1065235612

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2003, 09:50:47 pm »

MJCurPlaylistAutomation.AddFile(string, position) method is broken.

This method always causes MC9.1.267 to exit, no matter what is passed to it.  This happens not only in my own C++ plugin code, but also in the webremote plugin supplied by JRiver.  Anything action that causes a file to be played exits MC9 because of the AddFile() method.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2003, 01:21:14 am »

With the 3D visualization plugin enabled, moving the cursor to the bottom of the Playing Now area, DOES NOT bring up the tool bar.  Also the drop down menu selections are not highlited.

Switching to the old visualization plugin resolves the problem.

All-In-Wonder Radeon 1800 128 MB DDR video

Media Center Registered 9.1.267 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 3207 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 282 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A  
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD+RW  DRU-120A   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:No
 Drive E: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Vermaje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • En français, ce serait mille fois mieux !
CD Burner not detected ... more !
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2003, 01:28:31 am »

I can't burn CD ...  :( ? :-[ :-/ :'( :o :(

1°) I use the version 1.03 of GoldStar CD-RW CED-8080B (...and Easy CD Creator without problem !)

2°) Download the ASPI HK.exe from adaptec.com is impossible ...  :-[ :-[ :-[

Help me please. :)

Media Center Registered 9.1.267 -- C:\Program Files\J River\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 799 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 0 MB
Resource Info: System - 52 %, GDI - 72 %, User - 52 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA\Notify.wav

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: 90 %
Jean-Marc

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2003, 03:49:19 am »

Try uninstalling other burning software you have.  Some programs take control of the drive.

MachineHead

Re: CD Burner not detected ... more !
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2003, 04:54:49 am »

1°) I use the version 1.03 of GoldStar CD-RW CED-8080B (...and Easy CD Creator without problem !)

Easy CD Creator may be the problem. I had that installed when I used MJ 8. The two didn't get along well at all. Easy CD Creator has nasty a habit of doing just what Jim had mentioned, taking control of drives.

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2003, 05:54:13 am »

If you rip a multi-CD album, renumber and rename it so it is just an album with no reference to which disc the songs came from (Woodstock for example), The files from the first disc appear under "albums complete" and the subsequent files from the other discs appear under "albums incomplete". What gives.

If that was confusing, I'll explain in greater detail. Say you have a 4 discs set like the Woodstock 25th anniversary edition. You rip all four discs. Now you have 4 seperate albums in MC9. When songs are in a jukebox like MC9, the whole concept of physical discs in mute so why not renumber and rename all the discs so it is just one really long album. This is what I have been doing for years as the concept of CDs is simply a medium by which they get from the store shelf to my home, after ripping, they go down into storage in the basement.

So, I have this really long album in MC9 simply called "Woodstock" as opposed to four albums named Woodstock Disc n. When I use the MC9 library view that groups albums by their completeness, the songs from disc one are in the complete list, and all the others are in the incomplete list.

This behavior is not correct.

Thanks

Media Center Registered 9.1.264 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1813 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 544 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2730.1200 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.115 (xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: SONY     CD-RW  CRX210E1    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive I: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 4:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive J: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-103    Addr: 4:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
 Drive K: LITE-ON  LTR-48246S         Addr: 4:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive L: LITE-ON  LTR-48246S         Addr: 4:3:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2003, 06:05:24 am »

I have an album in APL format. I have a cover art image in the same folder as the APL's. When I assign it to the APL files, they all show the full pathname of the image C:\Documents and Settings\etc. etc. But ONE file only shows the filename, and not the rest of the pathname. Because of this, the AW shows this album as having <various external files> as the image file.

Any ideas why MC would be doing this?

The only thing I can see that's different with this file from the rest is that it uses an ñ character. But I tried replacing that with just an n and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I even tried deleting and reimporting. No go.

And a little more digging shows that MOST of my albums that are configured this way show just the filename instead of the entire pathname, with a few exceptions.

jleerigby

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2003, 07:53:34 am »

Probably.

Did you not notice the new feature added in this build? ...

Since they went to the trouble of adding this rather than taking the easy way out and just changing Shell->Play's functionalty, this was probably their intent.  It's a good compromise, don't you think?

Omni

Thanks for putting me right Omni.  I didn't notice that and must apologise.  I just selected Play instead of replace and play.

antolod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2003, 08:11:29 am »

jgourd, i agree with you.  I have some cds that have hidden tracks, Cracker Kerosene Hat for example that have several blank tracks and then a music track at like 69 and 99.  Those albums are tagged as incomplete because of the skipped empty tracks.  We should be able to mark them as complete, since all of the actual music tracks are present.  
Kevin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
iPod 30gig
WinXP/ P4 2gig
Media Center 11.0.changes daily - 8040 files so far...

geoelectric

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2003, 10:35:03 am »

If you rip a multi-CD album, renumber and rename it so it is just an album with no reference to which disc the songs came from (Woodstock for example), The files from the first disc appear under "albums complete" and the subsequent files from the other discs appear under "albums incomplete". What gives.

I think it relies on all the songs being in the same directory.  If they're not, it says it's incomplete.  I get this issue when I rename an album from "The Something" to "Something, The" in mid-rip and forget to use library tools to rename/move the old files.

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2003, 05:08:31 pm »

4. Fixed: Filename enabled / disabled tracking wasn't working properly in Tag Info window.

Thanks! Much appreciated. I can get back to file manipulations now!

antolod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2003, 06:17:30 pm »

I have a problem.  I can no longer update iPod info into MC.  Each time I have tried causes MC to crash.  I was using 256 and just upgraded to 267 this afternoon.  

I thought maybe somehow I had corrupted the pod so I did a restore with iPod Manager, initialized with MC and synched.  Played 3 songs, and tried again, same result the files window shifts all the way to the right, the progress bar moves about half way, and the "This program has caused an error and will be terminated" screen pops up.

Any help/ideas will be appreciated.

Intel Pentium 4 1995 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 432 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX168B     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
Kevin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
iPod 30gig
WinXP/ P4 2gig
Media Center 11.0.changes daily - 8040 files so far...

cattani

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Come to Black Sea !!! Constanta !!!
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2003, 06:23:18 pm »

Thanks for NEW option " Replace & Play ", this is a good work .

respect !
Fii optimist si asteapta imposibilul !!!

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2003, 01:46:30 am »

I have a problem setting up custom views based on custom fields. I can set up the view ok, set up the pane ok, but when I try to add or remove 'fields to show', MC crashes with the following :-

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module MEDIA JUKEBOX.EXE at 017f:004022b8.
Registers:
EAX=00000008 CS=017f EIP=004022b8 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=00000008 SS=0187 ESP=009a5b38 EBP=00000000
ECX=0067da48 DS=0187 ESI=023d59b0 FS=5cbf
EDX=0071bc74 ES=0187 EDI=009a6870 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 00 51 50 e8 4e ec 1f 00 83 c4 08 f7 d8 1b c0
Stack dump:
00492e9f 00000008 0067da48 0000bc4e 00000001 0068ad68 009a5b8c 0071bc74 0000204e 6b6a517f 17a7505d 517f0000 280f16b7 009a5c60 00642ce0 00000000

It does'nt happen with the views that come as standard with MC. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as I have'nt played with views for a while.

Jim

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 30 MB
Resource Info: System - 60 %, GDI - 76 %, User - 60 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700 / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

greyarea

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2003, 03:10:10 am »

JollyJim:
I get the same problem.. for me, up to 9 columns is OK, add one more and MC crashes

Marko:
I get your streaming media problem as well

Plus, I'm still having problems with Replay Gain/DSP.. if anything other than Effects/Environment and Output/4Channnels is enabled, the DSP turns itself off after about ten seconds of playback

Media Center Registered 9.1.267 -- D:\Program Files\MULTIMEDIA\Media Center\

Intel Pentium III 1200 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 541 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2003, 03:41:46 am »

Hi Greyarea - thanks for replying...

I've got a custom view built up around Chart Position and Chart Year. Following on from what you said, I checked it out and found I had 9 fields in view. I removed 2 making 7 and then added 1 ok making 8. I then added another one which crashed MC....mighty strange.

Checking out the standard views, they don't seem to have any problem with the number of fields on view. I've got some with 11 in and some with 15 - so, it only seems to be on custom views that we have a problem.

Have a nice Sunday - Jim

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2003, 08:46:02 am »

Bug - Action Window Drawing
The "Click here to continue" button that replaces the "Drag and drop files here" text of the "Burn CD" dialog in the AW does not support transparency of PNG files or the defined "TransColor" of the "Frame_Button". I'm using Win2K...

Cosmetics - Appearance of large icons in AW
The "CDBurn.png" that is used as the icon for the "Burn CD" dialog in the AW has a size of 200x200 pixel. But the large icon is drawn with max. 128x128 pixels since some builds... so the icon looks a little bit blurred (and "nibbled off" at the left border...). It looks much better when the "CDBurn.png" is already scaled to 128x128. As I don't own a handheld, I can not say what happens with the "Handheld.png", but I guess it might be similar...

Cosmetics - Appearance of "Burn CD" dialog
The big "Burn" button is drawn without any distance on the left to the vertical splitter - this looks a little bit squeezed...
The "Options" and "Cancel" buttons are drawn with more height than other dialog buttons - the dialog could be smaler (less height...) if they would be drawn like other buttons...
The "flying papers" animation in the "CD Burning Progress" dialog does not support transparency (Win2K only??).

Bug - Frame Drawing
The "Select Folder" options dialogs show the selected path twice, once outside the box...

Bug - Combo Box Drawing
The "Directory Rule" and "Filename Rule" combo boxes don't use the defined background colors...

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2003, 11:29:27 am »

Convert format bug:

Tried converting 3 APLs to MP3s using the "Move to directory" option. The APLs expanded fine to WAVs, but the subsequent encoding failed. MC just hung with the "Convert Files" dialog frontmost. A Force Quit and logout was needed to regain control.

I think it was because of the length of the path for the resulting MP3. Here's what should have been the path for one of the files that failed (255 characters):

E:\Music-EDrive\MP3\Converted from APE\RCA Victor Symphony Orchestra - Oscar Danon with Raymond Lewenthal, Piano\Readers' Digest Favorites from the Classics - George Gershwin (Disc 1)\03 - Concerto in F for Piano and Orchestra- First Movement- Allegro.wav

If I shortened the WAV's filename, it worked okay. Another possibility is that the track name in the library contained colons.

Best,
Brad

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2003, 07:45:53 pm »

Unable to view DVDs in full screen using secondary monitor (TV)

Video files using other formats ie. (mpg, avi) works fine.

I'm using ATI All-IN-Wonder 9000.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2003, 11:14:12 pm »

I RARELY used to get program crashes or lockups.  With this most recent build, however, MC got stuck on the "saving tag information" screen 4 times in less than an hour -- i.e. 267 seems much more prone to problems when saving tag information than previous builds.  I'm not sure if the program is actually stuck or if the window simply doesn't go away, but I always close the program and restart it just to be safe.

Also, as I reported in threads for the last two or three releases, the AW is still defaulting to the "home" screen every time the program is openned rather than going to the last used AW screen.  I think most people tend to have a "most common use" for the AW, which makes it nice to have it default to the last position it was before closing MC.  MC used to work this way, but it stopped a few releases ago.  Is there any chance of bringing this feature back?

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2003, 11:27:33 pm »

Until now, I NEVER had MC crash when doing an iPod sync -- it just did this for the first time.  At some point in the sync (I not sure how far, or if it finished first), I got the "Program has caused errors and will be shut down" message and MC completely disappeard.  I'm going to try another sync after restarting the computer, but I just wanted to make this report since I'd seen other reports of iPod crashed with MC recently.

I was NOT doing any file conversions -- it was a straight sync.

UPDATE:  I just did some more testing and the behavior is totally consistant -- MC crashes to the desktop right when the sync finishes.  The specific songs or total number of songs in the synch doesn't matter -- it did the same thing when I synched just 3 songs.

UPDATE:  "Initializing" the iPod via MC also causes MC to crash to the desktop.

Larry

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2003, 03:08:59 am »

I'm seeing something similar with iPod sync - I can complete a sync, then I get a "Media Core" error and crash to desktop.

If I try to sync iPod data (playcounts, etc.) back to MC then it crashes immediately.

The iPod support in MC is better, by far, than any other program I've seen (including iTunes), so it will be great when this problem is fixed - it never used to happen before .266!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2003, 05:32:23 am »

... the AW is still defaulting to the "home" screen every time the program is openned rather than going to the last used AW screen.  I think most people tend to have a "most common use" for the AW, which makes it nice to have it default to the last position it was before closing MC.  MC used to work this way, but it stopped a few releases ago.

That is intentional.  We had to decide between ease of use for experienced users and clarity for newer users.  For an experienced user, it means a couple extra clicks.  If you want to discuss it, please use a different thread.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2003, 07:55:25 am »

So, I have this really long album in MC9 simply called "Woodstock" as opposed to four albums named Woodstock Disc n. When I use the MC9 library view that groups albums by their completeness, the songs from disc one are in the complete list, and all the others are in the incomplete list.

You need to place all the files in the same directory if you want MC to think they're all the same album.  You're separating them on disk, so MC uses that as a cue that you don't want to treat them all as one album.

Otherwise keep them as separate albums like "Woodstock (disc 2)" with 1 to n track numbering and the complete / incomplete will work as expected.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up