INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synology copies files to recycle?  (Read 1190 times)

JohnK

• Recent member
Synology copies files to recycle?
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:00:04 am »

I use a Synology DiskStation 213j NAS which is mapped as a drive on two PC computers (Win7 and Win 8.1) each computer is running a separate local Library in MC20. The Libraries are located in the default proper locations on each computer AppData\Roaming\JRiver etc. The Synology is set up exclusively for music files which are mostly FLAC but also some MP3.

I am seeing a behavior where Synology is intermittently reading, renaming and then moving whole music albums to recycle bin. This is sometimes one album and sometimes a few albums. It's always the whole album not just a single song. I was seeing this behavior while using MC19 as well. I am not losing the original files which stay in their proper folders. I have been in contact with Synology Support which has been no help so far in the past four weeks. Their only responses have been to ask increasingly inane questions so it appears that they don't answer questions, only ask them.

My question here is: Are there any settings in MC20 that I should look at in case the Synology DiskStation is responding to commands coming from JRiver?  

I am attaching a screen shot from the log that shows activity on one file that was affected.

thanks
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up