INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving Current Individual Settings  (Read 1045 times)

bonnersera

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Saving Current Individual Settings
« on: October 05, 2003, 07:36:16 am »

PLease give me help with the following:

i have my personal settings for view schemes, auto smart lists, optin settings, ...
is it possible to save those settings when i have to install mediacenter completely new?

i save my libraries on a separate partition and can restore them any time, but after evera new installation i losse all my settings. (i use 9.1.)

thanx and congrats to your work, mc 9.1 is goint to become another milestone.

bonnersera

jleerigby

Re: Saving Current Individual Settings
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 11:53:22 pm »

Why are you reinstalling MC so often?  If you are downloading a new build just install over the top.  Assuming there's a good reason for it then View Schemes are stored in the library so backup and restore library will do that.  For the other settings you could try backing up the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver).

Warning - Don't mess with the registry unless you know what you are doing.

Caveat - There's no guarantee that this will work.

bonnersera

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 01:14:25 am »

thanx, i will try with the registry.
the reason for re-installing so often is problems  with pc and user rights, not updating.

another question:
my girlfriend is the second user on my pc. do i have to install mc by logged on as administrator or as one of the two users? i had some problems with plugins.

thanx

bonnersera

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 05:11:42 am »

I'm no expert on this and therefore my advice is to always install software when logged on as an administrator.  Otherwise you just never know if it's installed properly.  If you are reinstalling software so often due to problems I'm surprised you are not already taking this approach.
Pages: [1]   Go Up