INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albums with the same names  (Read 3859 times)

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
Albums with the same names
« on: March 17, 2015, 12:22:04 pm »

Check for a bug I found in the IOS version which I don't believe has been properly corrected (I know for sure it is still in Gizmo), the combining of albums of the same name - even though they are different albums.  I have reported this before, and it may have something to do with how the database from JRiver is reported to these apps as I have seen it in several remote programs.

Thanks (looking forward to it)

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 02:33:03 am »

Isn't that a built-in behaviour of MC itself?
IMHO, it does not depend on the remote.

CM

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 02:14:24 pm »

JRiver does not perform this way, so neither should the remote!

Suricatus

Re: Albums with the same names
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 10:13:02 pm »

This are great news.
I was looking for similar JRemote I use in iPad to use in my Galaxy Note 4 and was a bit upset with Gizmo and Eos.
JRemote is great and I look forward to help you testing.
The features I´m looking for are:
- Thumbnail album list
- Bit rate/ Freq Information for the album
- Ability to see attachments like back cover, PDFs and any other info available.

Thanks a lot
Leo

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 04:08:01 pm »

Already reported this bug/feature - I renamed all my "Greatest Hits" albums, Gold by Abba & Ryan Adams etc to avoid this.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

jbbernar

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 03:24:03 am »

I've always wondered if I had ripped my albums in a way that had caused this. Odd that albums aren't identified internally by some unique tag to prevent this.

Peregrino

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 04:44:36 am »

My solution to this is not to rename the albums, but to set up album artist beneath album in the view editor. This works well for same-named classical albums: all 3 of my albums called 'Brandenburg Concertos' are shown as a pile of three, but then when I choose to view them the next layer shows them as separate albums, because of the different album artists.

I actually prefer this option to the way it works in JRiver itself, but it needs to be optional. as it wouldn't work sensibly for albums that happened to have the same title but not the same repertoire.

tortuga_Bob

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 04:05:41 pm »

My solution to this is not to rename the albums, but to set up album artist beneath album in the view editor. This works well for same-named classical albums: all 3 of my albums called 'Brandenburg Concertos' are shown as a pile of three, but then when I choose to view them the next layer shows them as separate albums, because of the different album artists.

This looks like the exact solution that I am looking for. I am new to both MC & JRemote, would kindly explain how you actually create this view in the view editor? Is this done in MC or in JRemote? I created a custom view in MC but it does not appear in JRemote.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 09:35:11 am »

This looks like the exact solution that I am looking for. I am new to both MC & JRemote, would kindly explain how you actually create this view in the view editor? Is this done in MC or in JRemote? I created a custom view in MC but it does not appear in JRemote.

To change JRemote views, go into Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

enazarko

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 03:15:09 pm »

Check for a bug I found in the IOS version which I don't believe has been properly corrected (I know for sure it is still in Gizmo), the combining of albums of the same name - even though they are different albums.  I have reported this before, and it may have something to do with how the database from JRiver is reported to these apps as I have seen it in several remote programs.

Thanks (looking forward to it)

I can confirm this.  I just posted an example before discovering this message - when I downloaded Chesky Record's "Interplay" album, which is Kenny Barron and Mark Sherman, JRemote showed an album called "Interplay" with the art from the Chesky album, but with Bill Evan's "Interplay" songs in there with the Barron/Sherman ones.  Did NOT happen on JRiver, just on my remotes (all of which are iOS devices.)

I had to rename the albums to get it undone.

Packer

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 04:08:35 am »

I do not understand why this topic does not get attention from the developer. Problem exists and reported 4 years ago.
JRemote combines different albums of same name into one stacked image. Same way songs from same artists are stacked. Latter makes sense but not stacking different albums of same name.
We need JRiver separate different albums with same name exactly as JRiver does in Album view. Can we expect this fixed.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 04:32:04 am »

This is not really a bug. If you want Albums split by artist, you can setup the view that feeds JRemote to do just that.
The view logic is pretty generic, if you set it to group by Field X, then all entries with the same value in that field will get grouped there. Thats what its told to do. So if its told to group by Album, then it'll do that, no questions asked. It does not know, nor care, if some files may want to be a separate entry. As long as the value in the Album field is identical, thats all it looks at.

If you want it to account for more then one field, then you need to tell it to do that. ie. Album and Artist, instead of just Album. Either by adding another layer above or below that, ie. so that you navigate Artist -> Album, or Album -> Artist, or simply by adding the Artist name into the album title (as part of the view config, not changing the album name in the database), so that Albums are listed like "Album - Artist"  in the view, so that unique albums are actually given a unique identifier.

This solution was mentioned in a few posts above in this thread already.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 05:17:39 am »

An alternative to adding another category (album > album artist) would also be to replace the "album" category with an expression which will list "[Album] [Album Artist (auto)]"

Pages: [1]   Go Up