INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost DLNA server association  (Read 1774 times)

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
Lost DLNA server association
« on: March 21, 2015, 08:09:30 am »

Hi everybody

I have 2 DLNA servers on JRiver, one that converts DSD to PCM, and the other one that uses DoPE.

I have used and tested a lot of renderers, and I associate each one of them with the right DLNA server.

For the first time, I am using a renderer for which the DLNA server association is "lost" after each switch off of the renderer.

Any idea? Either on JRiver side or on this DNLA renderer side?

Kind regards
Thierry
S1 Listening: Mac Mini, JRiver, Minimserver, Roon, Qobuz, Matrix X-Sabre3, Ayon Sheris III, Kinki EX-B7, Vivid G2S2
S2 Playing and studio: Yamaha WXA-50, HEFA Mutine, Seinway O180

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
Re: Lost DLNA server association
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 11:37:07 am »

Hi

No one has a clue of what could be wrong on the renderer?

Best regards
Thierry
S1 Listening: Mac Mini, JRiver, Minimserver, Roon, Qobuz, Matrix X-Sabre3, Ayon Sheris III, Kinki EX-B7, Vivid G2S2

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 02:56:42 am »

Salut Thierry  :)

Not a lot of information to go on. Not sure what you mean when you say you "associate each one of them with the right DLNA renderer"

Maybe a screenshot of the DLNA config screen ?

Does this device work, but then just not show up?

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:34:28 am »

Bonjour  8)

As said before, I have 2 DLNA servers running. Let us say Server 1 and Server 2.

According to the capabilities of the renderers that I review or use, I associate each renderer to Server 1 or Server 2: right click on the renderer, associate with DLNA server… Server 1 or Server 2.

Till now, no issue at all. After a restart, either of JRiver, or the renderers, the association of each renderer with Server 1 or Server 2 is "kept" by JRiver.

With one new renderer (Trinnov Amethyst to be precise), I associate it with Server 2. If I restart JRiver, no issue, the association with Server 2 is kept. If I restart the Trinnov Amethyst, the association with Server 2 is "lost", I mean there is no more association with any Server, and the Server 1 being apparently the default Server, I am obliged to do the association again (right click, etc.)

Kind regards
Thierry

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 08:47:56 am »

oh I get it now ... Sorry in that case really don't know. I always have one "named" server per renderer, not multiple devices associated with the same device name (except for the generic dlna setting).

Someone else want to chime in?  (au moins je te fais un "bump" amicale ;) )

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 11:58:04 am »

It sounds like that particular renderer is identifying itself differently at each startup.  These devices broadcast a unique identifier (UUID) that Media Center uses to maintain server associations.  If this device uses a different UUID each time it's powered up, MC won't be able to maintain it's association.  You could use a program like "Device Spy" to verify if this is the case.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 05:51:12 am »

Thanks JohnT and Arindelle  :)

Trinnov office is just nearby my home, I will talk to them this afternoon.

Best and kind regards

Thierry
Pages: [1]   Go Up